Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a Mathews V3 31 and was wondering what cases fit it. It is pretty pretty much the same size as the vxr 31.5 just a slightly shorter ATA after seeing them both side by side comparison for size and shape.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Are used this one from my Halon 32, and I am currently using it for my VXR 31.5. It definitely has a little extra room. If you go with the I series
case smaller than this, it barely fits my Vertix so I doubt it would fit the V3 with an extra 1 inch of axle to axle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have my back up VXR 31.5 in an SKB Hunter Parallel Limb bow case and it fits just fine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have a bowtech carbon icon and I have it in a Plano protector case. Not sure if it will fit it or if I will have to get a new one.

·
Registered
Mathews VXR 31.5, 28”, 60
125 Posts
My VXR 31.5 fits just about perfectly in the Easton Workhorse 4118, in case your thinking of a soft case for range use

·
Registered
Mathews VXR 31.5, 28”, 60
125 Posts

Reactions: RevBelleville

·
NOOBY
816 Posts
I am having the same problem. My Plano pillar case doesn't work with the VXR. I was hoping somebody had used a Pelican V730 for such a purpose because I don't want to shell out the cash for the Pelican airbow case.

following closely......

·
Registered
Mathews Triax
347 Posts
One would think any that fit the VXR31... if its any Consolation my Triax is sitting in the same SKB Pro series 4214 (40" int) that housed my previous ones. Room to spare,

... check at Academy, Dicks, Cabelas, or anywhere that carries cases. You can go in with your bow, and test fit the bows. You will get a wrist band or other device / marker when you go in, tell them what you are doing and you should be A-OK to try the cases out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check out the HQ Issue on Amazon. Amazon Link 149.99 plus free shipping. They make a smaller one for $75.

Similar to a Pelican or and SKB but 1/2 to 1/3 the price. Has pick and pluck foam and will fit your VXR no problem plus extras like sight, stabs, tools, and arrow.

I build one out and it came out awesome. Another cool thing is you can buy replacement foam in the event you buy a new bow.

·
Registered
2009 Mathews Drenalin - 28.5"/70#
183 Posts
I would also recommend the SKB - they have a great warranty and are comparable to the Pelican 1700 series or iM series. The SKB in the 4214 should give plenty of space for either VXR or V3.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I currently have a bowtech carbon icon and I have it in a Plano protector case. Not sure if it will fit it or if I will have to get a new one. View attachment 7326271
I have the one thats at the bottom of your listing. Works great on my 31.5 VXR. Very adjustable.
I currently have a bowtech carbon icon and I have it in a Plano protector case. Not sure if it will fit it or if I will have to get a new one. View attachment 7326271

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the one thats at the bottom of your listing. Works great on my 31.5 VXR. Very adjustable.
I have that one at the moment too. Just wasn't sure how it would fit the v3 or similar size bows for it. I have it and if I can use it for now I will until I build back up the money I can spend on archery equipment.

·
Registered
Mathews Outback, Mathews V3 31, Mathews TRX 38
74 Posts
I can second the plano parallel limb, I picked one up for my 31 and plan to set it up to have posts through the riser and only have one velcro on/near the grip and using the other 2 for holding stuff to the lid. Price was right at around $90, seems very solidly built too, probably not as strong as the SKB but I'm not planning on driving over the case.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts