Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install a pair of new limbs on my 2008 martin firecat last night. When I took the cam off the limb, I noticed that there is one plastic washer on either side of the cams. However I found one of my cam (I forget which one) had two washers on one side and one washer on the other side. The two washers on the same side are the white one with smaller diameter and very thin and the black one with the same diameter and thickness with others; the washer on the other side is a little thinner than those on the other CAM. I think this setup makes the two cam not in the same line. However I can't visually tell any lean since the off is minimal.

So my cam assembly is something as follows:
1. normal black washer|very thin white washer|CAM 1|a little thinner than normal black washer
2. normal black washer|CAM 2|normal black washer

Do all the washers supposed to be exactly the same size and thickness? Is there anyone who has a martin fircat could help me to confirm is this setup correct/on purchase or is wrong? I want to get it right this time when I install the new limbs. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone could check your firecat for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine has 1 spacer on each side of each cam - all the same.
Two on top limb - two on bottom limb.
That looks like a right setup. I bought mine used. So I don't know whether Martin did it wrong or the previous owner. Anyone else could comfirm it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts