Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
trukey hunter said:
my cat pee on my hunting jacket cant get the smell out do i need to go to buy a new jacket help please

what have you tried?

maxx

·
Ya hey
1,437 Posts
3% Hydrogen Peroxide

The kind in the brown bottle. I speak from experience. It takes cat pee odor away like magic. Daub it on the affected area. It can bleach some fabrics so do a test area on part of the jacket that won't show first. Let it dry and, if you see no bleaching, have at it.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Go to the pet store and get a product called PetZyme (Wally World may sell it too). We use it with our dog and cats and it flat out works. It uses enzymes to get rid of urine smell. I would spray down the jacket so it is soaked clean through; that is how it works on carpets and such. Then, let it dry overnight and repeat if it is not completely gone, but it should be. Then I would run it through the wash once using the PetZyme as the detergent; it is made for that as well. It has a pleasent smell additvie, so after that wash I would wash it in some type of hunting wash and air dry outside.

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
18,022 Posts
None of the advice is any good until you get rid of the source!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Speaking of getting rid of the source, we have a cat that everyone in the family likes but me. Ironically, every time I shoot my bulls-eye target he walks right over there and stands beside it. Boy is it tempting!

·
Premium Member
18,022 Posts
I'd have an 'accident' with the next arrow. Especially if he peed on anything inside the house.

I have been in houses for work that you can identify as a cat house before you even get through the door. It is just totally disgusting.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Why not just use it

as cover scent ?:wink:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't think cat scent bothers deer. Last year I had a cat walk under my stand and about 5 min. later a big doe came down the same trail and never even stopped to smell where the cat had walked. But then again maybe these deer are used to cats wandering thru the area.

·
Registered
36,020 Posts
I think the idea of the cat peeing on your hunting close is just down right funny. Sorry, I opened this figuring someone was going to recommend using cat pee for a cover-up scent.

I recommend selling it on ebay.......Just kidding. Pitch it.

Buy a new one and one of those $3 totes from wallyworld and keep your clothes away from that damn cat.:washing: :washing: :washing: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts