Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple questions for the guys that use the Catquiver mini or any Catquiver for that matter.
1= Do any of you use like Lumenok's in your catquiver??? I was wondering if the arrow being held in by pressure on the nock would turn a Lumenok on and run the battery down???
2= For the guys that use the MINI version of the Catquiver, do you have any pics of yours lashed to a backpack or fanny pack??? I'd like to get some ideas on how your connecting them since I'm gonna hunt with a Catquiver Mini this year...For whitetail hunting it's fine with me if I just ziptie it on or something where it wont come off...But I've got a spot n' stalk mule deer hunt in a few weeks and I'd like to have the option of taking it off of my backpack and just using the shoulder strap that comes with the Mini for a stalk cause I normaly drop my pack before I start a stalk on an animal to cut down on the weight.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ttt

·
Registered
262 Posts
I use a Catquiver VII which is more-or-less a back pack with the basic Catquiver tied to it. I LOVE it and will never go back to a bow quiver for most of my hunting.

I can not speak to the Lumenocks. Believe it or not, I had an older light up nock from the 80s that I tried a couple of. Still have 'em somewhere but the battery is dead in one of them. I figured out the vast majority of my deer (90% out of well over a hundred bowkills) have been shot in broad daylight. No need for Lumenocks for me. Perhaps call Lumenock and ask? If I can find someone that has Lumenocks with an arrow length close to mine . . I'll find out.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I use the cat quiver mini, I have never used lumenocks. I have attached it to my backpack for elk hunting. I have been doing this for the last couple of seasons and it works great. I bought a Badlands Diablo backpack and it has small cinch straps with clips on both sides of the pack, I removed the strap from my mini and loop the backpack strap around the post on the mini. I just let the quiver hang off the side of my pack. I like it so much I have been doing the same for deer hunting. The only drawback is it can be a little tricky to remove a arrow because the quiver wants to ride up. After a couple of trys you will figure out how to get the arrow out, it just takes a little getting used to. Hope this helps, and good luck on your upcoming hunt.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Right on Running man, i have the same cat quiver an LOVE IT!!,I tried lumenocks just this year an yes sometimes they did light up in the quiver.Switched back to my regular nock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts