Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, 3 out of 4 of the monkey tails have flown off of my Z7 after only 200 to 300 shots. I've added cat whiskers to the string but wonder if they will be the best solution for the cables. What do you think?

·
Cato
4,141 Posts
I usually put leaches in my cables. They don't tear up as badly there and seem to deaden well. I do use cat whiskers on my string.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input. I've tied some cat whiskers on the cables. Durability is a concern but they will probably last longer than 200 shots. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
MY Letches Keep Breaking, Added Whiskers

I added the whiskers to my string and not only stays on but made a big difference in damping the sound. made it much quiter.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
I like them on cables

I'll trim a little extra on the cables, for no good reason than I percieve that cables are not generally as noisey as strings.

Try it yourself and see if your cables need them. Pluck the cable as you would a guitar string (both above and below the cable guard. Got noise? Add some whiskers and pluck them again. Wow, what a difference! Now, how much did that cost?

I don't think a bow can be "too quiet".

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
The thing with the cables is they are not moving so much as the string to make noise. The most movement is in a vertical fashion, not cutting in the wind like a string with a horizontal slash. What do they move at the most, 1 inch horizontally?

Then again I've tried the cable silencer products before and couldn't tell much difference with or without them on. On my assault there are none but I also don't have to have whiskers on the strings either with the dual stoppers.

If it makes you happy run them, heck run 8 sets, I just can't see the need for them to be there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.