Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through 4 different pairs of limbsaver string silencers, I decided to try out cat whiskers. And what a difference it made! They work better, and I can make 4 different pairs (thats eight different silencers) for $2 at walmart, compared to my $6 per pair of limbsavers. Here is a great video showing how to make your silencers small and puffy, and making a pair of silencers out of only one strip of cat whiskers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6WNxTLPJW0&feature=channel_page

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got my first bow in 92 or so and my second in 2001. Both have those and they worked just fine. Of course I'm a neophyte, so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they quite just as good.and whats the difference in speed? sounds interesting.
They are actually better at dampening my bow, and they are more durable, and lighter so they should increase speed compared to the string leeches.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,380 Posts
They get put on all my hunting rigs right off the bat! I use the small size whiskers just like on the video. I use to think shooting a heavy arrow was the way to go when trying to quiet down your bow, but now I put on a set of whiskers and shoot a lighter, faster arrow.:D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They get put on all my hunting rigs right off the bat! I use the small size whiskers just like on the video. I use to think shooting a heavy arrow was the way to go when trying to quiet down your bow, but now I put on a set of whiskers and shoot a lighter, faster arrow.:D
Amen brother!:)

·
Registered
301 Posts
They are actually better at dampening my bow, and they are more durable, and lighter so they should increase speed compared to the string leeches.
+1... they look like poop, but they sure do work way better then all the other stuff out there... I have tired them all and these are by far the best, and last the longest... It does not matter how fast your bow shoots, if its not quit the deer will jump the string... Sound travels about 1100fps, no bows are that fast, so I chose quit over speed...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like them and my old bow had them and now the one I bought today does too.... there's only 17 years between bows :)

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
Lots of other reports on AT about how cat whiskers are better than any of the others. Made a difference on mine. I'm about to put some on my cable also to see if that does anything.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
They are all that will stay on my Bowtechs with string suppressors. The suppressors seem to be harder on the silencers. Evey other silencer(string leeches, bow jax, etc.) last about a week for me. Whiskers last the life of the string and dampen equally well if not better than the newer designed products.

Whiskers are now ALL that I will use.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are all that will stay on my Bowtechs with string suppressors. The suppressors seem to be harder on the silencers. Evey other silencer(string leeches, bow jax, etc.) last about a week for me. Whiskers last the life of the string and dampen equally well if not better than the newer designed products.

Whiskers are now ALL that I will use.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:
Same here man!:)

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
+1... they look like poop, but they sure do work way better then all the other stuff out there... I have tired them all and these are by far the best, and last the longest... It does not matter how fast your bow shoots, if its not quit the deer will jump the string... Sound travels about 1100fps, no bows are that fast, so I chose quit over speed...
Hey, If you tie them the way I did, they look great!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Post a pic for me... Mine look like a cheerleaders pom pom..
I think that how mine look...lol....if you look at the video in the link provided that is the way mine turned out. Maybe I like that look and you don't......no worries though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
cat whiskers

yup sometimes you just cant improve on the original.tried bowjacks...suck string leeches ...suck monkeytails or whatever the hell mathews calls them ...suck.they are all over priced dont work as well and dont last. buy a 2 dollar set of catwhiskers and presto silence and they last a long time.

·
<---(.)(.)---<<<
2,305 Posts
Here's how mine look
I wish i could make my balls look like that.
I've tried a few times, they are getting better, but just not nice and round.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts