Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does cat whiskers slow down a modern set up, I'm shooting a Mathews no cam at 68 lbs, it seems like a no brainer to go ahead and quite up your rig a little but of all the bows I've seen in the last few years no ones sporting any cat whiskers, why is this-are they just out of style or are they somehow problematic?

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
Maybe 3-4 feet at most but well worth it. I have a lot left over, just PM me and I will mail some. I shouls have black, brown and green if I remember correctly

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I still use them. You won't find a better string silencer than cat whiskers plus they are extremely durable

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Mark
5,439 Posts
They are the best string silencer and have used them on many bows, however don’t have them on my Prodigy as it’s fairly quiet. 4-5 fps loss is about it. Learn to tie them on correctly with ball shape can be found on YouTube

·
Hoyt Shooter
664 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
What's a "No Cam" ?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Most bows are so quiet and vibration free I wouldn’t waste my time tying them on.

·
The Impartial Archer
18,288 Posts
Most bows are so quiet and vibration free I wouldn’t waste my time tying them on.
Spoken from some one that obviously hasn't tried either..........lol. They WILL help.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Maybe you just shoot noisy junk. There was a time when cat whiskers helped a lot but
It’s not 1990 anymore.

·
NAASP
6,843 Posts
Clueless kids these days:rock-on:....................catwiskers rule and look waaay cooler than what people use nowadays.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1906244

I think 2 fps loss at most and if you put them high with speed nocks maybe a 2 fps gain!

·
Registered
7,341 Posts

·
Gear Nut
369 Posts
I rock them partially for the silencing, partially for the looks. I really like a nice full cat whisker on my bows. Speed nocks look lame to me.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
I rock them partially for the silencing, partially for the looks. I really like a nice full cat whisker on my bows. Speed nocks look lame to me.
But not the dead mice kind. Those limp things are funny.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I use them on all my bows, I have my own chrono and they only slow it down 2 fps...I think one bow maybe was 3. Like others have said, I thought today's bows were quite and did not need them, but if you put them on, you will notice a difference.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do they help yes...Do you need them on newer bows no...If they make you a more confident bowhunter tie them on...Alert on edge deer jump the string the same way with or with out string silencers.Last 15 deer i killed bows had no string silencers.If your going to use them use half the amount in a package to save weight and tie them close to the cams use just enough to take the vibe out.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts