Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys im so confused .... i shoot a tribute and have read a lot of information on here about them and how to adjust them etc.... i am having problems with mine .. tried to paper tune it and shot a 1/2 left high tear then i noticed that rest stays in contact with arrow all the way to the nock to day i measure up the a2a and brace the brace was 7 5/8 (should be 7 1/2) and a2a was 31 9/16(should be 31 1/2) i dont have a press so i called the dealer i got the bow from he tells me "NOT TO BE TWISTING CABLES" and " those measurements are only approx." and he also told me "YOU DONT WANT TO SHOOT A PERFECT BULLET HOLE" so then i call a diffrent dealer he is about a hour away but willing to take a drive if he is good.... i asked him " are you familiar with Archery Talk and proceeded to tell him about what i have read and learned.... well to be nicer then he was lets just say he dont care for this site i wont repeat what he said .. but ended up telling me to go back to the guy i got it from he is good ........................ IM LOST

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
I'll agree on the spec's being ballpark figures...I'll disagree with him saying that you don't want bulletholes (especially for broadheads). In fact I'd challenge him as to why you don't want (or should expect) a bullethole for broadhead equipped arrows.

Have you tried different nock heights (as well as nock/rest positions) that will fit your grip and style of shooting?

Make sure your "tiller" is the same (both limbs backed off equally).

Could also be something as simple as the wrong spined arrow or fletching contact.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
both right!!

IMO their both right!! spec's that close are not that bad!! sounds more like a drop away timing problem!! Try posting picture of your rest and cord... It should start to drop as soon as you release, even wiggling your string at full draw you should be able to tell!!
Also try the walk back test instead of the paper shooting and triple check nock hieght and center shot!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts