Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been a lot of threads going around about stolen cameras or treestands. That sucks, i feel for you guys. I have never had it happen to me and I guess I am just lucky. But have any of you ever recoverd your things? Have any of you ever caught the thiefs who took your things? Has anyone caught them in the act! Just wondering if there are any stories out there of redemtion!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Yes but i will never tell what happened to him.

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
I once had a pic on a cam of a mountain lion dragging away one of my stands.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Had a treestand stolen by a neighbor that doesnt even hunt. I BS'd him about a trail cam pic that I had of him walking with my stand...He fessed up and gave me back my stand...Never had any problem with him again...He owns some good hunting land and lets just say he bargained his way out of it with granting permission to me alone....I WIN!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
we called the law on a guy that "said" he had permission to hunt but i dont know who granted that. the cop just ran him off. catch tresspasers all the time (1-3) a year.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I know some guys that used to shoot deer at night on their farm.One night the nieghbors called the Game Wardens.The GM's got there and and stated to tell them to freez or something like that.And the farmer who was shooting the deer yells ,sure now you show up we just chased them poachers off,:mg:and then gives a BS story about what happened and a description of the vehicle and so on.LOL.

·
Registered
252 Posts
:devil::faint:My dad one time caught a guy in huting in his stand opening morning. He ask the guys who gave him permison to hunt there, the guy said the name of my great grandfather. My dad informed him, that he has been dead for 20yrs, and the guy pointed his bow at my dad and said, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT! My dad then left, went to the house, got the tractor, and the chainsaw, and came back. What are you going to do the guys said. IF I CANT HUNT IN MY STAND, NO ONE IS. Then he fired up the chain saw and started cuting! That guy started thowing stuff out of the tree, jumped down the 15ft drop, and hobbled off as fast as he could after such a fall.
WE never saw him back hahahah :faint: :devil:

·
Registered
633 Posts
:devil::faint:My dad one time caught a guy in huting in his stand opening morning. He ask the guys who gave him permison to hunt there, the guy said the name of my great grandfather. My dad informed him, that he has been dead for 20yrs, and the guy pointed his bow at my dad and said, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT! My dad then left, went to the house, got the tractor, and the chainsaw, and came back. What are you going to do the guys said. IF I CANT HUNT IN MY STAND, NO ONE IS. Then he fired up the chain saw and started cuting! That guy started thowing stuff out of the tree, jumped down the 15ft drop, and hobbled off as fast as he could after such a fall.
WE never saw him back hahahah :faint: :devil:
He couldnt hobble fast enough if he had pointed a bow at me and said that!!

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
yes a couple years ao i had a climber i left at the base of a tree in some brush for 2 days(huting it of course) then it disappeared. had my drivers license number etched in it on the underside in small numbers. I ran into one of my buddies who is a ame warden and was talking about it. . a few weeks later he showed up at my house with it. apparently the guy got busted for illegal deer and my stad was in his garage. .

·
Registered
10,964 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts