Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many archers use this rest in the free flyte mode? I have used it for many years as flipper rest on my 3-d and target bows.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I own one but never set it up on my ProTec.I am interested
to hear what everyone has to say.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have used it since '98 and have had good luck with it - shoot in MCU class in IBO - won the triple crown in '99 and 2005, indoor world in '99, 07, and 08. A couple of suggestions - replace the center shot allen screw with a hardened screw ( had one break on me once - very soft) and use the thin side plate for carbon arrows - if you use the thicker one you won't be able to hold tight groups shooting with fingers - also - use spray on powder on your fletching and you will see where the arrow clears the wire - helps in correct spine - it should clear about an inch or so before the fletch - this should give you tightest groups - still have the same on on my bow ( CSS System 2000 ) since 99 - best finger rest for the money in my opinion

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Is this John Inlow?..if so, I've been checking out Your scores for a couple years...Great shooting!..I live in eastern Miami co., and would like to talk with You about shooting Compound Unaided...Take Care!..Harperman

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
A couple of suggestions - replace the center shot allen screw with a hardened screw ( had one break on me once - very soft) and use the thin side plate for carbon arrows - if you use the thicker one you won't be able to hold tight groups shooting with fingers - also - use spray on powder on your fletching and you will see where the arrow clears the wire - helps in correct spine - it should clear about an inch or so before the fletch - this should give you tightest groups
I like the idea about changing the flipper adjust screw as the one I tried had a habit of adjusting itself.

This is a great rest for finger shooters but everytime I tried one I just prefered the NAP Plungerest and kept going back to one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Harprman - that would be me. Would love to talk to you about shooting compound unaided - would have you grouping in no time - would be a good year to try it out in IBO since they moved us up to the hunter ( 35 yard) stakes - class was dying - no new shooters coming in - just too expensive for guys to spend $100.00 for arrows - go to a shoot - and lose 3 or 4 each shoot while their getting the hang of it - was a little different when I started - 2216 game getter 2's - they were about $25.00 per dozen for shafts - could afford to laugh as they went bouncing thru the trees( weighed about 535 grains - and was shooting the old IBO orange stakes out to 50 yards - sent a lot of aluminum sacrifices to the archey gods- LOL -) can't do that with today's arrows - u go broke quick - I don't get to as many local shoots as I would like ( about 1 a month ) If your close enough to make the Clinton County shoot 1st weekend of May - not sure if I will shoot Friday or Saturday yet - ( 3 day shoot - is the IBO State Championship shoot) - If I can get off work I would like to go to Hueston Woods April 27 ( Dean Lacy from Beavercreek will be a both of these also)-hopefully the class will grow in the next couple off years - (all those Archery In School shooters shoot 3 fingers under - no sights -won't be that big of a change shooting 15 yards with the genisis bow then going out to 35 shooting their own setup) - send me an e-mail or PM if you want to talk sometime -I belive it's one of the most fun classes to shoot at any level - even at the National shoots it's pretty relaxed - great bunch of guys ( Jack Jones -Kentucky, Conrad Jones- Maryland - Bill Hayes - Nebraska-and of cours -Deano Lacy from Beavercreek) lot's of fun to shoot with - never a dull moment

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have used it since '98 and have had good luck with it - shoot in MCU class in IBO - won the triple crown in '99 and 2005, indoor world in '99, 07, and 08. A couple of suggestions - replace the center shot allen screw with a hardened screw ( had one break on me once - very soft) and use the thin side plate for carbon arrows - if you use the thicker one you won't be able to hold tight groups shooting with fingers - also - use spray on powder on your fletching and you will see where the arrow clears the wire - helps in correct spine - it should clear about an inch or so before the fletch - this should give you tightest groups - still have the same on on my bow ( CSS System 2000 ) since 99 - best finger rest for the money in my opinion
my rest came with only one side plate. how do you adjust center shot after the center shot screw has cut groves in the arm ? can i order other side plates ?

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Harprman - that would be me. Would love to talk to you about shooting compound unaided - would have you grouping in no time - would be a good year to try it out in IBO since they moved us up to the hunter ( 35 yard) stakes - class was dying - no new shooters coming in - just too expensive for guys to spend $100.00 for arrows - go to a shoot - and lose 3 or 4 each shoot while their getting the hang of it - was a little different when I started - 2216 game getter 2's - they were about $25.00 per dozen for shafts - could afford to laugh as they went bouncing thru the trees( weighed about 535 grains - and was shooting the old IBO orange stakes out to 50 yards - sent a lot of aluminum sacrifices to the archey gods- LOL -) can't do that with today's arrows - u go broke quick - I don't get to as many local shoots as I would like ( about 1 a month ) If your close enough to make the Clinton County shoot 1st weekend of May - not sure if I will shoot Friday or Saturday yet - ( 3 day shoot - is the IBO State Championship shoot) - If I can get off work I would like to go to Hueston Woods April 27 ( Dean Lacy from Beavercreek will be a both of these also)-hopefully the class will grow in the next couple off years - (all those Archery In School shooters shoot 3 fingers under - no sights -won't be that big of a change shooting 15 yards with the genisis bow then going out to 35 shooting their own setup) - send me an e-mail or PM if you want to talk sometime -I belive it's one of the most fun classes to shoot at any level - even at the National shoots it's pretty relaxed - great bunch of guys ( Jack Jones -Kentucky, Conrad Jones- Maryland - Bill Hayes - Nebraska-and of cours -Deano Lacy from Beavercreek) lot's of fun to shoot with - never a dull moment
....John...Thanks for the reply...I'll most likely be down there, I've been shooting the Hunter Fingers class...It's pretty chilled out as well, folks not so wrapped up in winning that they cant have fun, and encourage each other..Thats what it's all about to Me...I've played around a bit with Compund Unaided, actually did pretty well with it, but when I saw that the I.B.O. stakes were 45 yards, all I could think about was losing arrows, and getting frustrated...35 yards sound alot better!..L.O.L...I'll P.M. You soon, thanks again!....Take Care....Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts