Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
594 Posts
I had been looking up until a couple of days ago. I couldn't find a thing. I ended up ordering mine off of Lancaster Archery Supply for about a total of $55 less shipping. Not as good as used, but, I do really love this rest.

· Registered
113 Posts
free flyte

I just got back from a long elk hunting trip. I was using a cavalier free flyte. The rest shoots great but It constantly tangled in brush and the wire arm kept moving. the set screw that holds the wire finally stripped. I am not convinced that it is a durable hunting rest and am looking for something else.

· Registered
3,008 Posts
I have several of each but sure don't want to part with any. They're both great arrow rests. However, I consider them to be target arrow rests. I usually have to put up with thickets where I hunt and often have to push my way through. These type of flipper rests can't withstand being caught in brush and doing so will turn them out of adjustment. If you walk and hunt in more open areas where such things don't exist, it would be a super hunting rest. I'm still hunting with NAP PlungerRests that haven't been made for a number of years now. These flipper rests can withstand being snagged on brush and survive.

The Free Flyte Elite costs about $80 and is a great piece of machining. They go well on a prize target bow. The Free Flyte is about $40 and has a blade type side rest that works really well or you can take it off and use a plunger. It's a great rest and is $40 cheaper. The micro adjust is interesting but I wound up taking the micro part off which makes is a regular Free Flyte. I like the idea of the Super Flyte but for some reason the double wire flipper and I don't get along togethere. Not sure why.

· R.I.P.
29,187 Posts
The NAP Centerest Flipper is a great hunting rest in that line of thinking. You can always flip the arm back if it gets tangled. Very simple to setup and fine tune too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.