Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make a sight tape for my CBE vertex 3d micro click sight. What sight setting do i use on archers advantage???????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,095 Posts
If you are just making a sight tape the type of sight is not important (unless it is a wheel sight). It only comes into play if you want to look at marks on the sight and set your distance that way. Make sense?

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,467 Posts
If you are just making a sight tape the type of sight is not important (unless it is a wheel sight). It only comes into play if you want to look at marks on the sight and set your distance that way. Make sense?
No it doesn’t. The type of sight does make a difference.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Don't know about the Vertex 3D but my Vertex target is a 30 click per revolution sight and averaging it out using my calipers, it has .002083" per click.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Does it work with aa program if I do not want to use metal tapes what sight setting use in tap or aa program
Why don't you want to use the metal tapes that came with the sight??? I don't have a Vertex but both of my other CBE (Tek Hybrid Pro Single and Tek Hybrid Pro 5 Pin) came with metal and paper sight tapes and both are spot on out to 100 yards.

·
9,467 Posts
This thread is soooo full of misinformation I'm sure your head is spinning. The CBE sights are not typical for the AA program. One click is .002" and one revolution of the dial is .0625... That's 31.25 clicks per revolution. I don't use CBE sights but I believe the best path forward would be to get a couple of marks and use the inch scale combined with some math. You could also call CBE as I'm sure they could walk you through the process.

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,095 Posts
No it doesn’t. The type of sight does make a difference.
If it is not a movable sight it does make a difference.

·
9,467 Posts

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
This thread is soooo full of misinformation I'm sure your head is spinning. The CBE sights are not typical for the AA program. One click is .002" and one revolution of the dial is .0625... That's 31.25 clicks per revolution. I don't use CBE sights but I believe the best path forward would be to get a couple of marks and use the inch scale combined some math. You could also call CBE as I'm sure they could walk you through the process.
And this is more misinformation. The CBE Vertex is 30 clicks per revolution and that moves the sight 1 line. The clicks are .002083" per click. That's the same thing that the rchrz website says and it's the same as I measured it using my digital calipers and averaging the distance of travel of each 100 clicks down the elevation bar.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Why don't you want to use the metal tapes that came with the sight??? I don't have a Vertex but both of my other CBE (Tek Hybrid Pro Single and Tek Hybrid Pro 5 Pin) came with metal and paper sight tapes and both are spot on out to 100 yards.
My wife and I have 3 Tek Hybrids and a Vertex Target between us and not one bow we shoot matches any of their tapes exactly. Making our own tapes has been way more accurate.

·
9,467 Posts
Here are the specs posted on Lancaster. Based on the posted spec of .002 per click it would be 31.25. If it is actually 30? ( I don't actually have one) it would be .00208333. In either caes you would still have to use the inch scale to calculate the proper distance between marks and cut a tape based on that data. No misinformation here Buddy.

Product Description
CBE’s Vertex 3D Competition Sight is ideal for the 3D archer who’s on the move, taking shots at ever-changing distances. When you turn the elevation dial, your scope moves fast to where you want it. And knowing that precision is important to you, CBE made sure that you can adjust all three axes on this sight to match your bow.

• Vertical travel adjustment of 2"
• Detachable scope mount for easy traveling
• Dovetail elevation gang adjustment with visual laser engraved markings
• New Quad-Track™ stability alignment system
• Micro adjust windage unit with laser engraved markings and indicator window
• Custom extension bar with multiple laser marked locking positions
• Elevation and windage locking knobs
• Center-Pivot 1st and 3rd axis adjustment
• 2nd axis scope adjustment
• Laser engraved sight scale markings
• Interchangeable laser-engraved yardage scales
• Black anodized finish
• Extension Length: 7-15/16" (including 3rd axis)
• Mass Weight: 10.55 oz.

Micro-Click:
- Micro-click elevation with top and bottom knobs
- Elevation click adjustment of .002"
- One elevation turn = .0625"
Rapid Travel:
- Rapid travel elevation with top and bottom knobs
- One elevation turn = .250"

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
My wife and I have 3 Tek Hybrids and a Vertex Target between us and not one bow we shoot matches any of their tapes exactly. Making our own tapes has been way more accurate.
Did your set up put you between tapes??? That happened on my both of my bows and I tried the higher number first.... which was really close out to 40 yards but off after that. I went with the lower number and they've been spot on!!!

·
9,467 Posts
Did your set up put you between tapes??? That happened on my both of my bows and I tried the higher number first.... which was really close out to 40 yards but off after that. I went with the lower number and they've been spot on!!!
Not every bow shoots the same velocity and has the same distance from peep to sight pin. It would be virtually impossible for the factory tapes to fit every situation, or even most situations.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
This thread is soooo full of misinformation I'm sure your head is spinning. The CBE sights are not typical for the AA program. One click is .002" and one revolution of the dial is .0625... That's 31.25 clicks per revolution. I don't use CBE sights but I believe the best path forward would be to get a couple of marks and use the inch scale combined with some math. You could also call CBE as I'm sure they could walk you through the process.
Considering that a "click" is when the spring loaded ball on the sight falls into a machined detent in the knob, how do you get a "quarter click"?
The documentation you noted (.002 per click & .0625 per turn) are impossible to achieve with full "clicks", which is the only type of "click" there is, so it can reasonably be assumed the documentation is rounded.

·
9,467 Posts
Considering that a "click" is when the spring loaded ball on the sight falls into a machined detent in the knob, how do you get a "quarter click". The documentation you noted (.002 & .625) are impossible to achieve with full "clicks" which is the only type of "click" there is, so it can reasonably be assumed the documentation is rounded.
Yes, 31.25 doesn't make sense but based on the specs provided that's what it says math-wise. It most likely is 30 clicks which would be .00208333 per click. The point is that CBE does not conform to any of the standard options in AA as AA does not have a 30 click = 1 turn option. So... 30 clicks or 31.25 doesn't matter to AA. But... AA does have an INCH option. The way to cut a reasonable tape for these sights is to get two different distance marks and measure between them. That data would be fed into AA along with the sight to peep and sight to arrow dimensions. I actually did this for someone a while back and the tape worked out just fine.

·
Registered
20,602 Posts
Here are the specs posted on Lancaster. Based on the posted spec of .002 per click it would be 31.25. If it is actually 30? ( I don't actually have one) it would be .00208333. In either caes you would still have to use the inch scale to calculate the proper distance between marks and cut a tape based on that data. No misinformation here Buddy.

Product Description
CBE’s Vertex 3D Competition Sight is ideal for the 3D archer who’s on the move, taking shots at ever-changing distances. When you turn the elevation dial, your scope moves fast to where you want it. And knowing that precision is important to you, CBE made sure that you can adjust all three axes on this sight to match your bow.

• Vertical travel adjustment of 2"
• Detachable scope mount for easy traveling
• Dovetail elevation gang adjustment with visual laser engraved markings
• New Quad-Track™ stability alignment system
• Micro adjust windage unit with laser engraved markings and indicator window
• Custom extension bar with multiple laser marked locking positions
• Elevation and windage locking knobs
• Center-Pivot 1st and 3rd axis adjustment
• 2nd axis scope adjustment
• Laser engraved sight scale markings
• Interchangeable laser-engraved yardage scales
• Black anodized finish
• Extension Length: 7-15/16" (including 3rd axis)
• Mass Weight: 10.55 oz.

Micro-Click:
- Micro-click elevation with top and bottom knobs
- Elevation click adjustment of .002"
- One elevation turn = .0625"
Rapid Travel:
- Rapid travel elevation with top and bottom knobs
- One elevation turn = .250"
31.25 clicks per revolution and .002" per click is misinformation. Whether it came from you or you just reposted it, it's misinformation.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts