Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plonked down a large wad of cash for this sight. The delivery time got pushed back, and then back and now it's looking like an additional 6-8 weeks bringing me to nearly 2.5 months from payment (if nothing else gets pushed back). I bought this unseen, on faith. I shot a buddy's Boss Hogg and it's a great sight and the general availability of those is much greater. To anyone who's received this sight or at least a 2013 CBE with the key features (Rhino pins etc) are they worth the wait and difference vs Spott's? I'm using a G5 RX2 and the second pin starbursts terribly! Compared to the Boss Hogg it's shameful and it's truly affecting my practice. At 35yds the flare from the pin on my sight obscures a good percentage of the target and prevents me from really focusing on my form at longer distances (for me 35 is long).

Any informed, comparative based advice would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I also have a CBE on order except the Tek-Hybrid. I believe they are worth the wait. I have always had more of a top end sights and the CBE is above and beyond my other sights. I understand the fustration of waiting, but in the end I think you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
324 Posts
In all honesty those waits are outlandish, and I am very glad I didnt waste my time attempting to buy one....good or not. Horrible business practice to have lengthy wait times of this nature. If they cant keep up with sales, then they need to hire more people. If its not the people, then its likely from some overseas delay on product/shipping. Either way crap business ethics. Think of how much business they have lost because of the wait times.

I have seen 3 threads about this where people were cancelling their orders. I was a potential customer until I saw the wait times coupled with the price.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
spot hogg is a better sight anyways i have a hogg it boss hogg and hogg father and would pick them over CBEs best any day

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1denogeon

have you compared/owned a 2013 of the CBE? One of my reasons for going with the CBE was I've heard consistently that the quality of machining is superior as are the adjustments. Plus the weight factor comes into play. While the Boss was a great sight, I did feel its weight.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
I have a CBE Tek Target set up with CBE scope and its nice but IMO the Spot Hogg's are a better built sight. Plus Spot Hoggs CS is top notch and fast. I have not dealt with CBE's CS so I can't tell you there....bottom line is I will never wait that long for a sight when theirs others out there as good or better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
OWN YOUR SHOT!
3,478 Posts
I will have my cbe tek hunter by Saturday and will let you no. I have owned a tommy Hogg and currently shoot a hunter Hogg it and should be able to compare the 3 sights. The reason I went with the cbe is the weight of the tommy Hogg I want a adjustable sight but didn't like lugging around the heavy Hogg sight. I plan on shooting a DNA for hunting and want to keep the bow as light as possible.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I have the 2013 Tek Hunter Pro and I think it is a great sight. I ordered on 2/18 and got it on 3/10. As great as this sight is, there are a LOT of great sights out there. If I was facing a very long wait, I might look at a different make, to be honest. They all pretty much do the same thing, and time's a wastin'. If companies can't meet demand, the consumer cannot be blamed for looking at other options. I'm growing tired of waiting for months on end for everything archery.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the 2013 Tek Hunter Pro and I think it is a great sight. I ordered on 2/18 and got it on 3/10. As great as this sight is, there are a LOT of great sights out there. If I was facing a very long wait, I might look at a different make, to be honest. They all pretty much do the same thing, and time's a wastin'. If companies can't meet demand, the consumer cannot be blamed for looking at other options. I'm growing tired of waiting for months on end for everything archery.
wow you got lucky, ordered my hybrid early early feburary and it'll be here today

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone. I ended up going with a Hogg sight that will arrive in a week. I couldn't wait 6 weeks without a decent sight.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Spot Hoggs are great, but weigh a ton. CBE's look nice, but the wait is ridiculous. Sounds like two different weight/wait problems.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Ive got a 2012 model CBE TEK HUNTER laying here. I'm gonna sell it ...
As far as the wait time, no way I'd wait that long on a CBE... Buy the Hogg and move on.

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Spot Hoggs are great, but weigh a ton. CBE's look nice, but the wait is ridiculous. Sounds like two different weight/wait problems.
That's funny...and true!

·
Registered
13,251 Posts
Ive got a 2012 model CBE TEK HUNTER laying here. I'm gonna sell it ...
As far as the wait time, no way I'd wait that long on a CBE... Buy the Hogg and move on.
The 2013s are much nicer than the 2012s.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Well I know this is 8 months old but seems things have changed. I had my heart set on a Tommy hogg with .010 pin but can't get one anywhere. The place I was ordering one new for $165 don't know when they will be in and let me upgrade to the $212 tek hunter pro single .010 pin with a light for an extra $20. Its gonna be here in two days. Can't beat that so obviously something has changed. IMO cbe and spot hogg are the 2 best sights available and it comes down to preference, the shooter, and what you get use to.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
I ordered a tek hybrid and had it to my door in 2 weeks. I don''t understand any waiting---haven't had too (at least not that long)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts