Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to bring something to everyone's attention about the newest CBE Tek Target sight. I read many reviews and did some research as I usually do before I make a purchase of any kind. I considered buying one of the new Vertex models because I really, really, wanted the metal sight tapes, but I really couldn't afford to pay the extra money. My budget forced me to settle for the CBE Tek Target and use the old peel and stick tapes. No big deal, I really like the sight! I was extremely pleasantly surprised today when my new Tek Target arrived and it HAS metal sight tapes! I wanted to share that because I hadn't seen that listed as a feature anywhere that I had read about the Tek Target. That would have made my decision not to break my wallet a lot easier.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
That's great news! The tek-target might be cheaper than the vertex but on a 3D course it is every bit as good. I like it because it's light, I have been looking everywhere to see the 2016 tek-target to see if it got the metal tapes this year. Is it still the same as last year except the metal tapes? I was hoping the tape would be rear facing too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sight tape angles back at about 45 degrees. It can easily be seen from the rear or side. I really like it.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
That's good last year it didn't. I had a tek-target for a few years for 3D and even had a 4 pin CBE head to hunt with. How much was they this year?

·
I do all my own stunts
602 Posts
I've been using a Sureloc Supreme for the past couple of years, looking for something else possibly. Would you consider the Tec-Target an improvement?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
That's the same sight as the tek hybrid pro with a longer bar and without the 3rd axis. What was the price of the new tek-target?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've been using a Sureloc Supreme for the past couple of years, looking for something else possibly. Would you consider the Tec-Target an improvement?

IMO its a large improvement. I had a Supreme and switched to the tek target. Rapid travel, one twist to unlock everything. I won't look back.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the same sight as the tek hybrid pro with a longer bar and without the 3rd axis. What was the price of the new tek-target?
It's $219 through Lancaster.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

Sweet!! I basically did the same thing. I used a Tek Hybrid Pro and modified it to take a normal scope housing and it works awesome for 3d and hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never found anything online that suggested the new one would have metal tapes or the angled view. It was a complete surprise to me. CBE and Lancaster both need to get that information updated. That's an important feature in deciding on a purchase in my opinion.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have any suggestions on a sight scale cover for this sight?

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
That is sweet. Honestly you made the right decision. The tek target is going to move your scope housing up/down and left/right just like the over priced vertex will.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts