Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2,656 Posts
wire flipper all the way. Clip the excess of the arm past the arrow centerline a little bit if you want a little bit better clearance too.

· Registered
5,138 Posts
Wire wire pants on fire.

Wire for me too

· Registered
2,656 Posts

· Registered
2,656 Posts
here ya go. When you purchase one, you choose whether you want the wire arm or the plastic arm, but the heads pull off the threaded post for replacement, and you can buy replacement heads.

Attachments

· Registered
1,561 Posts
For outside the hunting season I use the plastic tube over the wire flipper but it's to noisy when drawing and arrow during hunting season. For hunting I wrap a piece of riser shelf moleskin over the plastic and it makes the draw super quiet and doesn't effect broadhead flight.......

Attachments

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For outside the hunting season I use the plastic tube over the wire flipper but it's to noisy when drawing and arrow during hunting season. For hunting I wrap a piece of riser shelf moleskin over the plastic and it makes the draw super quiet and doesn't effect broadhead flight.......
You shoot Aluminum arrows don't you?

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Yeah chuck....I shoot XX78 2117, 5" AAE vanes, with 125gr. heads for a total weight of 545grs. :mg: I stay with this weight all year even through the whole 3D season. I know my scores would increase some if I went with much lighter arrows but I use 3D to prepare for hunting and not for the scores.I walk our clubs course several times a week just practicing yardage estimation at different angles and distances out to 50 yds. ( my new max distance).

· Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I tried some blazer vanes on my center rest it don't tear them but I can not get the kick out of the arrow. Can't figure out how ever body has good luck with the rest. Most be the operator

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Chuck ....do you shoot carbons? The only folks I have heard of having arrow issues with the c/r are those shooting carbons. Have you tried an alluminum with feather fletch? Have you tried to index the nock to get better clearance?If ur shooting a skinny carbon...try a fatter one to gain more spacing between the fletch. It's worth a try! The centerest is a very good rest.

· Registered
156 Posts
I have been shooting 2413s with 2" blazers and have had small tears at the front of the bottom fletch. I can't tell if the tears are caused by the wire or the side of the rest. For a tear to occur, accuracy must be suffering. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate hearing about it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.