Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When shooting gt pin nocks with my 06 allegiance, with d-loop, the nocks started to break. It took an excessive amount of force to nock the arrow and after a few shoots one of the grips of the nock would break off.

I reserved the center section with .018 serving hoping to fix the problem. I haven’t shot the bow yet, but I think I still have a problem. With the smaller serving it takes about 4 lbs to pull the arrow off the string. I can almost pick up the bow with the arrow.

Shouldn’t the arrow fall off of the string when you tap it? Is there any way to get a better fit, or do I have to live with how it is now?

·
74,535 Posts
There two pin nocks

They have a new version of pin nocks. Best bet would contact Goldtip and get yours replaced. They shouldnt break.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Nock off

Yes, tap the string with a finger and the arrow should drop off.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,353 Posts
mark63366 said:
When shooting gt pin nocks with my 06 allegiance, with d-loop, the nocks started to break. It took an excessive amount of force to nock the arrow and after a few shoots one of the grips of the nock would break off.

I reserved the center section with .018 serving hoping to fix the problem. I haven’t shot the bow yet, but I think I still have a problem. With the smaller serving it takes about 4 lbs to pull the arrow off the string. I can almost pick up the bow with the arrow.

Shouldn’t the arrow fall off of the string when you tap it? Is there any way to get a better fit, or do I have to live with how it is now?
I just reserved my center serving last night.

3D end loop serving is even smaller than the smallest center serving thread.
Try that. The fit will be better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My nocks fit perfectly on the servings that feed into the cam, would this be the 3D end loop serving your talking about?

Thanks for the replies, its hard to get good advice from bowshops in iowa.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
It took me some playing around with serving sizes on my Apex 7 also. If you use the end serving you may have to run a tag (a piece of the serving laying on your string for the entire length of the served area) or either double the area. According to how many strands your string has each bow I have served has been a touch different, but you are on the right track. You should hear an audible "click" when you install the nock on the string but you should be able to pop it off with a slight thumb of the finger.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it looks like the 3D end loop serving is .017, and my current serving is .018. Is this enough of a difference to notice?

The full length tag is used if the serving is to thin, right? What do you mean by “double the area”?

·
(aka lug nut)
48,353 Posts
mark63366 said:
So it looks like the 3D end loop serving is .017, and my current serving is .018. Is this enough of a difference to notice?

The full length tag is used if the serving is to thin, right? What do you mean by “double the area”?
Yes.

That's what I did. I ran one long strand
of 3D end loop serving parallel to the string bundle,
and then served over the entire string bundle and 1 extra strand
of end loop serving.

Much nicer fit.

If you ever make a new center serving that is too thin,
an easy fix is to wrap some dental floss only between the d-loop
knots.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nuts&bolts was right, the 3d end loop serving worked perfectly.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i do know that gt had some recalls on a few colors that would break at the shot i would get ahold of them :darkbeer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts