Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Size depends upon the nock fit you want and the number of strands of material you are using. For Brownell products, the number of strands is set so you use the 0.026" diameter material to get a diameter that will fit most nocks. I have used the Brownell diamondback as well as the BCY #62 braid. I think the #62 grips better on Brownell strings, but it is a bit too thick for me.

·
Registered
300 Posts
serving...

i'm with 10xring.... ....i use BCY #62 breided and its very good! i use it for end servings and center servings!

my 0.02$

·
Registered
852 Posts
I like the BCY #62 also - it grips the string well, and has proven itself to be pretty durable... I shoot off the string - with either a rope on my Carters, or with a Scott caliper, and I usually get nearly a whole season of shooting(300 to 400 arrows per week) before needing to change my center serving... I use the .026 with an extra strand underneath for servings over 12 strands of 450+, and it gives a good nock fit for Easton Super Nocks...

- georgestrings

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can't go wrong with anything! My favorite is BCY .021 Mono. Don't ask me why it just is. I've never had ANY durability issues with mono. If it is served right it works out great.

#62 is an awesome material. As well is HALO. They all have there pluses. I'd say that #62 is probably top dog in the durability department. And the #62 in .021 will give you an excellent nock fit on almost any material/strand configuration. Just my thoughts. Good Shooting!

-Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts