Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just went through process of getting bareshaft to hit with field point and broad head to hit with field point.

To accomplish this I had to move knock down 1/8th inch and move the rest to the left of target in 1/16th inch increments ending up moving it twice for 1/8th inch total.

Me and the bow have been shooting as accurate as I have every been out to 60 yards.

I had an arrow knocked up yesterday and looked down from the top limb and noticed the field point of a 27.5" arrow pointing a good 1" to the left of center.

Is this common and ok if everything is hitting accurately?

I do not grip the bow, open hand always. Nose on string no kisser.

Bow tech carbon knight, 27.5" draw @ 62lbs.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Not a damn thing wrong despite what you might read on at, you have just moved the rest over in line with the string path. How people can think all bows center shot can be the same as some manufactures basic number is beyond me. Limb balance, shooters tork, face contact all can make changes to the string path. There have been many world record scores and world record animals killed with the bows set different than stated center shot. If you have bare shaft hitting with the field point and broad heads and fp hitting with each other nothing you can do will be any better. If you had yokes you could set center shot at the magic number and yoke tune to get the same results but in reality you are just doing the same thing, making the arrow launch path the same as the string track.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You are good to go! In addition to what was suggested above, the load on your cables cause torque in the riser and cam lean. Basically you have tuned your center shot trough the cam lean at full draw. Shimming is the only the that would get those cams/string back to the center of the riser if your bow doesn't have yokes to do it with. I wouldn't worry with shimming, but lots of folks do with success. Sounds like you are "super tuned" as is. Good job!

·
Banned
9,000 Posts
Your bow sounds like it is well tuned for the configuration you have. If you want to move your rest to the center while maintaining your tune you will need to shim the cams across slightly but if you can handle the rest being off center the bow will still shoot the same.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I once had an 82nd Airborne that tuned way to the left of center and at 20 yards I could put 5 bare shafts inside the X ring. You are just fine the way you are. If it shoots well, what more can you ask for?

Automan

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
If you are overly concerned you can always shim the cams to the right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts