Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a whisker bisquit on my bow and it is centered,but my feathers hit the cables when I draw.How important is center shot?I have to move the rest outward because the cablegard is non adjustable?Any help?:confused:

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
Well, there's a couple of ways to describe center shot.

There's the center of the limb's, center of the riser, and center of force. On most bows they are not in the same place, and usually center of force is what you are tuning for.

But the WB is probably not at the center of force, as Darton would not likely design a bow that couldn't clear the cables.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I find center of force?How much will it matter if I gotta move the rest over,say about a 1/4"?Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Center shot is found with a tool that puts the front of your arrow shaft in line with the bowstring. Heres a pic. To use you put your arrow in bow. If your a right handed shooter put the brass piece on a flat area on the right side of the riser with the angled end with the button on it laying over your arrow. Move the rubber button or disk to the center of your arrow. Now reverse the angled end and the button or disk should be on the center of your string. Your sights should also be in line with this plane. Hope this helps. With bow centershot and sights aligned on plane, and a properly tuned bow, your arrows will shoot straight if they are the correctly spined, which is a whole different topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts