Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just got my new alphamax 32 and ripcord rest set up and paper To get bullet holes at six feet, I had to move the center of the rest a full inch from the riser. It looks a little too far out to me, is this normal? If it's not, what is the fix?

I had been getting a consistant right tear, so had to move the rest that far left to correct it. I'm right handed, does a right tear mean my arrows may be underspined?

Thanks a bunch, guys, I'm always impressed by the technical expertise around here.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
i dont know much about paper tuning, but if you are gonna use this bow for hunting, just broad head tune. i draw a vertical straight line on my target and shoot my bow up close with 3 arrows /field tips. then i shoot 3 arrows/broadheads at same distance. if your broadhead shoot right move rest left and vice versa.do this until all 6 of your arrows are hittin that line.dont worry about if they hit high or low as long as they on the line.i do this up close at like 10 yards the at 30 to 35 yards.which is my effective range .when u get all the arrows on that line you can then move your sights.

·
Registered
844 Posts
sounds like a spine issue. That being said, some bow/arrow combos just won't paper tune. Try walkback tuning for the best results.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
I can "eyeball" the center shot pretty good. Holding the bow vertical, line up the string so it's centered through the limbs, or centered on the riser. With an arrow nocked, and the string centered on the riser or between the limbs, the arrow should be centered on the string while looking down the arrow. Takes some practice or have your shooting partner help hold the bow while you do the "eyeballing".
If your arrow isn't centered, just move the rest right or left until the arrow shaft is straight down the string. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still wondering if anyone knows whether I may be underspined or overspined or if there are any changes to the string or cables that will help this. I was getting a right tear consistently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts