Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my true center shot is so close to my riser that i would get fletching contact on anything that i shoot. Right now it shoots fine because i have the rest out away from the riser and i compensate with the sight but it just bothers me that is not perfect. Am i missing something or is there something that i could do?

· Registered
1,598 Posts
Have you tried changing your grip/form.

I have an 82nd airborne. Apparently I torque the bow for some reason. My old guardian would shoot a bullet hole in paper for me and the guy at the pro shop. My 82 will give me a pretty bad left tear if it is tuned for the guy at the pro shop. When I paper tune it for me I get a bullet hole but the tech at the shop will get a bad tear. I finally just tuned it for myself and left it alone. It is also very near the riser when paper tuned..but I still have clearance...it does drive me crazy though....

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
Is this a single cam bow?
If it is then it sounds like you need to adjust the lean of your idler wheel so that you get the string feeding straight in at full draw. A good starting point is to put a field tipped arrow flush against the shelf-side of your idler and adjust so the very tip is in line with the string at your nocking point. If it's off to one side or the other, then twist up the yoke cable on that side...this should put you in business:archery:

· Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doc,
i figured it would be one of those twist here and 1/2 twist there type of thing. i never should have bought learl video now i am checking everything!!! dam this tuning thing.
scott

of yeah it is a mathews single cam.

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
if i am doing it correctly the arrow slightly goes behind the nocking point.
The very tip of the field point should end up directly behind the nocking point and not off the the right or left side of the string.

· Registered
2,094 Posts
How are you determining your center shot? If you look at your cam you will notice that it is off-set to the left side. In order to compensate for this Mathews offset the top of the riser so that the idler is in line with the cam. I believe that Mathews suggests that you start out with the center of your arrow at 13/16" out from the riser. Now when you line up your arrow with your string you will notice that your string runs down the center of the top of the riser and off to the left on the bottom of the riser, or there abouts. Now line up your sight with your string and arrow. This will give you a very good starting point.

· Registered
2,094 Posts
Can you take a picture with your arrow up on the rest, lined up with the string and back a few feet?

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
arrow shooter
yup that's what i did and the center shot was way to the right. here is a second pic. by the way thanks
Yep you're off...twist up the yoke on the side the field tip is on...probably 2-3 twists then check again:thumb:

· Registered
1,550 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my sbxt. When I check my idler my arrow tip runs just parallel with the string and ends up about an 1/8" away. Is it suppose to run just under the string? Sorry for the threadjack.

· In 'Da Head
24,270 Posts
The arrow technique will get you close on most single cam bows, the final adjustments are made by checking the string feed into the idler at full draw...a buddy and/or a camera go a long way in this final adjustment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.