Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All opinions, good and bad on both bows please :) I am a t-rex armed guy but, have a need for speed. Smoothness of draw, customer service, bare bow weight are my priorities in that order :) Help me out folks!!!
Isaac

·
Registered
617 Posts
I shot the Centroid today and its a sweet shooting bow. Smooth and dead in hand. We did notice that theres not much clearance between the cables and fletching.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i can speak for the affixtion! the more i shoot it the more i love it!. i was thinking about trying the new athens recluse but i dont think i will with the way i am shooting the afflixtion. if you have a dealer or staff member near you that has one or any athens bows give them a try. shoot as many bows as you can before you decide on any one!

·
ytailfreak
1,429 Posts
I too have an afflixtion, plenty fast, smooth draw, great customer service!! My favorite bow of all time, been shooting 17 years.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
Although I can't help you with the other bows,the Afflixtion is an excellent bow,and Athens customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'll admit I haven't shot a couple of the other bows, But the Prestige meets all your requirements plus it's used for target/3D by professionals.

·
Vendor
4,582 Posts
If you shoot an Afflixtion you will have all your questions answered. People can talk up any bow but when you shoot the bow that speaks volumes.

The Afflixtion is fast and Athens customer service is what CS should be. See for yourself, do not take my word for it. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Another vote for the Afflixtion, it's everything you listed and more

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I have a Pulse and love it. I'm on the fence, but am strongly considering either a Centroid or Shift. I will say that I prefer the draw cycle of my Pulse, as well as the speed and even the grip... BUT, I really believe the parallel cam system to have serious merit and may ultimately end up sacrificing a little comfort to cash in on what these Primes have to offer.

I haven't shot a Prime at any kind of distance, but so far all of the claims appear to be true. Centershot sets up straight down the riser and the sight pins line up perfectly down the center. Zero cam lean. All good stuff. I can only imagine that these bows shoot very, very well at longer distances, based upon these factors and what I've seen on the indoor range.

I haven't convinced myself to take the leap just yet, but I'm awfully close.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Centroid has been something I have been thinking about since Cousins showed up with one at Iowa. There are several positives about it. The biggest negative about all of my options is not having any dealers close to me. I have Bowtech, Mathews and that is about it, as far as stocking dealers go...

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Another vote for the Afflixtion , smooth , quick , quiet , solid back wall and the best customer service hands down .

·
Registered
607 Posts
i would love to have a double helix, but from your list of wants you listed speed and bow weight, so that nix's that one, but i also have a likeing for the prime, i really wish i could get my hands on one to shoot. as far as looks and what i have read, id love to have one

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have also heard, been told, by a reliable source that the Prime's do not care about spine. Interesting to hear that for sure! Must be the 7075 alloy being stiffer... ;)

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Get the Afflixtion, you will be glad you did. I love mine. I bought a used Exceed 300 for spot league but I've only used it for 1 round then switched back to my Afflixtion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts