Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
PRO SHOP OWNER BOWTECH MATHEWS
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just received a catalog from one of the big chains. there prices on broadheads went from 29.99 to 34.99 plus freight. some other archery items went up also. i havent seen a increase in broadhead cost. im still selling them for 32.95. maybe there finally trying to quit buying the business with low prices that they dont make enough money on to pay there overhead.havent received the others catalog yet but theyll probably do the same.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you look at the history of most large mail orded stores they all end up the same .they end up working on such a low profit margin that if they have a couple bad years they cant rebound.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Without knowing which chain store it was I can tell you this. Some people think they are such great deals, but for the most part they are charging retail prices. What you do gain by buying there is the convenience of not having to drive out and get the stuff, but then most of them rip you pretty good for the shipping anyway.

Ya know, I just got the new fall Master Catalog from Cabela. The archery section is a joke. Talk about a lack of variety? I have more variety of items in my archery room in the basement.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seems to me that there largest growth is in clothes and boots not hunting equipment.not many shops can afford to carry a lot of hunting clothes too much inventory dollars and to many choices.

·
NAASP
14,399 Posts
seen it to

bfisher said:
Without knowing which chain store it was I can tell you this. Some people think they are such great deals, but for the most part they are charging retail prices. What you do gain by buying there is the convenience of not having to drive out and get the stuff, but then most of them rip you pretty good for the shipping anyway.

Ya know, I just got the new fall Master Catalog from Cabela. The archery section is a joke. Talk about a lack of variety? I have more variety of items in my archery room in the basement.
They can't fit all of the stuff they have into the catalog. Got to wait for the archery specific catalog.

Cabelas is a joke with their prices. There isn't much of any deals there.

Anything with the cabelas label is what they make the big $ on.

·
Banned
910 Posts
Ya...I just stopped by the local "Sports authority" and picked up two 3 packs of NAP 100 gr Shockwaves at $12.76 each. They had 125 gr versions for $22.76. You just cant get good help theese days.They had some NAP Quik tune rests for under $10(normally a $40 rest via Lancaster) and other accesories marked too low to be believed but were worthless to me 'cause Im a lefty. They really had some deals on Leupold rings and bases too, but Im set in that dept. also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts