Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a page showing photos of the world's top archers at full draw and release. images from many countries, both men & women and recurve/compound.

http://www.arcierimonica.it/wbeste.htm

The shots are a few years old, but...

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
Great site!
Interesting to note that many of these top shooters have changed their style since, and in doing so have gone on to bigger things.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting Marcus, how so? I'm too new to the sport to be familiar with them.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Simon Fairweather completely changed.. Yang ho Jang has changed about 3 or more times the slights of his form.. release hand etc. Im not sure on others.. but its an on going process to find perfection. Good shooting.
Dylan

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
Walkman
Many of the compounders here are using bent arms and or bad shulder alignment (called an open stance by many) now if you look at them they have tightened up their line and gone to straight arms. The top compound shooters look almost identical to recurvers now. This is one reason why they are shooting higher scores consistanly now.
Dijar Sitar is a great example

Before

Now (middle pict)

Note that his arm was a touch bent this time round, p[erhaps a reason he didn't shoot as well as he did in Beijing? (of course he'ld still kick my butt and his a great shooter)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Wow, this is like a catalog to pick out a cute guys, please in the future note who is single

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G33k- Check your PM!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Marcus-
Are you saying that they switched to an open stance ot they stopped using one?

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
I'm saying they stopped using one. The Open stance thing is misleading as it's the shoulder angles that matter most, in both pictures of Dijar his should position is very good, but in the one from when he shot 1407 his bow arm is alot better

Simon's is a good one too, you can see how much the Korean coach has closed the string angle between his bow shoulder and string and he went on from there to win the olympics.

·
Registered
300 Posts
marcus... ....it's dejn sitar not dijar!!!!!

i find his form form beijing better!!!!

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
What I find interesting is Michele Frangilli changing from a glove to a tab, but everything remains constant. Obviously works, mind... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts