Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
All of the new Champion bows, including the Contender come standard with the ISO bars on them, they do a very good job of quieting the shot. I set up a guy from work with a Contender for hunting about 4 months ago and it was one of the quietest bows I've heard right out of the box.

www.championbows.com

Hope this helps you out

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
I have last years contender and it is noisy.

My mustang was much quieter.

But besides the noise it is a nice bow to shoot for sure.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You're the first person I've heard that from. Seeing as the Contender and the Mustang use the same limbs and the same cam I don't know where the Contender and the Mustang would be any different as far as noise is concerned.

·
Francis
2,529 Posts
that is interesting to know,

I shoot a one cam model, so I am not sure what to do to check this, there is no marks on the cam or anything?

If you could tell me how to check the cam timing please let me know

Thanks
Francis

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
contender

I shot a contender all last year and tested aset of the prototype iso bars. Although they did help, I found the a position of the cam had a huge impact on the noise and vibration of the bow.

I think that the sq2 may be a little quiter, but the Contender is by far the better bow to shoot with fingers, assuming that you have a 28" draw or greater.

Reed

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Did you try taking the middle weight out of the ISO bars, when we tried that with our Wildcats it helped take a little bit more shock out and actually picked up 1 fps. speed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts