Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently shooting a Scott Little goose release and I'd like to switch over and try the Spothogg Wiseguy release.

I noticed that the hook on the wiseguy is not as far forward from the trigger compared to the caliper on the little goose. What effect will this have on my anchor point as well as my draw length?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Alot I would recommend taking out you peep. Adjust your release so you can buried your index finger. You might have to length your d loop. After you get comfortable with all that and your anchor reset the peep. The wise guy has only a trigger travel adjustment. You literally can't even touch the trigger and it goes off. I personally like releases that have spring tenison adjustment and trigger travel

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
The wiseguy is a very big bulky release and there are way better options. In fact to me the best wrist strap out there is still the tru ball short n sweet s2, you can get it on lancasters for 69 bucks and it has a great tru ball wrist strap that is high quality. The s2 stands for a swept back trigger and I like it better than the s1 which is straight out but it is a personal preference thing.

Taking out the peep is a great idea and also working on the length of the realease and getting your finger j-hooked on the trigger by shortening the release correctly is a must at this time. So do your homework and get a good release like the short n sweet s2 and you can then get things set up correctly.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested out the Wiseguy this past weekend but not on my own bow so it was difficult to tell what the difference in draw length and anchor was between my release and bow, and the shop owners bow and release. I was more or less testing whether or not I liked the trigger and hook style. I found the trigger on the wiseguy amazing! It breaks like glass, just like I want my rifle triggers to break. I also found that it felt a touch heavier than my Little goose trigger.

I am actually getting a new bow in a couple weeks so I will need to set up that bow from scratch. It would be great if I could set it up for the new release and anchor of the new release. Just wondering though, what is the difference in draw length and how does that work out? Does my little goose make my 27.5" bow draw length shoot like 28"? so if I went with the wiseguy I'd lose that 1/2" on my release so I'd need to make my bow draw length 28" instead of 27.5"?

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? no one can answer that question?

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
You don't change the draw length on a bow based on the release, the draw length will remain the same. It is the d-loop that may need to change to allow getting your hand on your face in the proper anchor position. Along with the length of the release which on all good releases can be changed.

·
Socket Man
24,235 Posts
Getting all of this perfect is directly related to being able to apply "Back Tension Preload", If you have to long of a setup you will be overly extended and probably sitting in the valley which is a bad thing. You want a perfect setup where you come to the wall and still have something to give to the wall and not be bottomed out.

Secondly most people that like the wiseguy are punchers because it is and can be set up stupid fast and light so they can get the pin on the target and barely even think about touching the trigger and the arrow is on its way. I have never ran into a guy shooting it properly with some back tension or yielding method, it is always a trigger puller or puncher that likes this release.

A much better choice is the tru ball short n sweet, it has a nice crisp feel and you can put some tension on it and run a firing engine. I have a firing engine ready to go for a index finger release if you want it and griv has one on youtube that is different but awesome also.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my Wiseguy showed up in the mail today and I went to draw my bow back and anchor like I was with my Scott release. Turns out that my peep is like 1/8" low now. However, if I extend the release out a little bit, it seems to fall into place. I only drew the bow back a handful of times so I will see what else has changed in the coming days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts