Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking off my doinker chubby hunter and putting on a 12" 11 oz b stinger my bow now has a twang and it is no longer dead in my hand. I will say that it does hold a lot better but man I'm really mad about the noise and vibration!

I have a 2008.5 GT 500.

Did I not do something incorrectly when I put it on?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
B stingers are not for dampening. Add some big BowJax to it and it will help

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B stingers are not for dampening. Add some big BowJax to it and it will help
some bow jacks on the stabilizer?

k...I think I must have misunderstood it's dampening qualities....

I'm not bashing, like I said I've never shot such a great 50 yd group...it held like A ROCK. I knew either I screwed it in upside down (joke) or that I needed something else...

Can someone provide me a link or pictures to what I need?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
some bow jacks on the stabilizer?

k...I think I must have misunderstood it's dampening qualities....

I'm not bashing, like I said I've never shot such a great 50 yd group...it held like A ROCK. I knew either I screwed it in upside down (joke) or that I needed something else...

Can someone provide me a link or pictures to what I need?
B-Stingers are for stabilization. They make you shoot better period. To me....vibration, "shock" and dead in the hand is the biggest marketing ploy since the solocam.

·
Registered
12,911 Posts
also make sure it fits tight against your riser if not add a washer to the outside of the protruding bushing ...big diff there as well ..

Bow Jax or a sims gun barrel deresonater ... add make it fits tight on the entire surface ... you'll see a big difference in shock

·
Registered
181 Posts
What would you rather, stable pins on you target and a bit of hand vibration, or no vibration and the sight pins floating all over the target while aiming? I know what I prefer, I shoot a B-stinger now and have never shot better. I also added a large bowjax to it, now I have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The advise about adding a washer that will "seat" the stabilizer solidly against the riser, is the best advice!

But everyone is correct and you said it yourself, B-Stingers are designed to make you hold, shoot and group better!! As long as you are shooting better with it, don't worry about the things that are happening long after the arrow is gone!! And one last thing, ALWAYS, quiet your bow by adding quietening devises to the string and to the bow itself!! Let the stabilizer stabilize!! The Limbsaver gun barrels are really more for the longer Stinger XL's. But you could always add one to your 12" as well!! Give it a try!! God bless:):)

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet when I get back from vacation I'll have me a simms or limbsaver to put on there!

Off to our cottage and then a cabelas!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had quite a bit of vibe too too...got to the point that at the end of a training session my elbow was killing me.

On the long stabilizer I wrapped it with a Sims tentacle wrap up near the riser... PERFECT!...weighs next to nothing and kills the vibe transfer

On the short ones get a .50 cal Barrel Deresonator, also from Sims... slips over the carbon rod up near the riser and kills the vibe transfer. I have it on my side bar... works AWESOME!

Chuck

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I went from a Doinker Multi Rod A Bomb 5"/6.5 oz to a B stinger 8.5"/8oz and there was NO MORE VIBRATION with the B stinger than the Doinker.Make sure you tighten it down using the screw on the weight after you tighten the bar by hand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have to agree- without a couple of bow jax, mine would hum and vibrate. Throw a couple of bowjax on and you will have a dead quiet rig that holds great.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to Cableas and Bass Pro and neither had a .50 barrel resonator from sims or bow jax so I ended up having to order some.

I did tighten the weight and even used some removeable type locktite to make sure it won't vibrate lose.

Thanks for all your hints and help!

I will say again that it does hold extremely well and that was the motivation!

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Sooner or later they will get round to putting a stiff rubber bush between the rod and the disc weight and that will solve the vib problem.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sooner or later they will get round to putting a stiff rubber bush between the rod and the disc weight and that will solve the vib problem.
I plan on doing a more detailed write up here in a week or so after I shoot it more.

I called them and talked to someone that was super nice, very polite, asked good questions, and made what I think was a good recommendation EXCEPT he said nothing about there being a potential buzz/twang.

If I was them why not just put one on there or say hey...for $5 more dollars you might want to think about this...on bows of your kind some people get a little buzz, etc. (hint: it wouldn't matter what bow...just marketing). I would have forked over that $5 so fast...

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
The answer to your last question is that Blair (the owner) does not work that way! He will NOT sell you something he feels you don't need! And I guarantee you there are people shooting your exact bow, that have no buzz or any other issues! And I know people (like Chuck from Feather Visions) that had to add a vibe dampener to his so his elbow wouldn't hurt after shooting! It all depends on how the bow is set up and the bow itself! Blair would rather you experiment with it and possibly not need anything else, at an extra cost! If you do end up needing something, Blair has them or he will tell you where to get them!

As for the comment from the other poster about B-Stinger eventually adding some form of rubber or other flexible material between the bar and the weight, well I talked to Blair personally enough to say, without putting words in his mouth, that unless some new alien material is discovered, that maintains the exact amount of rigidity and still absorbs more vibration, that ain't gonna happen!! B-Stinger equals, a STIFF, RIGID, SOLID connection to the bow with NO flex anywhere!!! Sorry Blair if you have found said Alien material and plan to use it!!!:mg::)

I plan on doing a more detailed write up here in a week or so after I shoot it more.

I called them and talked to someone that was super nice, very polite, asked good questions, and made what I think was a good recommendation EXCEPT he said nothing about there being a potential buzz/twang.

If I was them why not just put one on there or say hey...for $5 more dollars you might want to think about this...on bows of your kind some people get a little buzz, etc. (hint: it wouldn't matter what bow...just marketing). I would have forked over that $5 so fast...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i got two of the stabilizer jax...

i put one right where it mounts and one out by the weight and there is still some sock and a little buzz.

it is better, anyone have a preference on where they put the jax?

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The answer to your last question is that Blair (the owner) does not work that way! He will NOT sell you something he feels you don't need! And I guarantee you there are people shooting your exact bow, that have no buzz or any other issues! And I know people (like Chuck from Feather Visions) that had to add a vibe dampener to his so his elbow wouldn't hurt after shooting! It all depends on how the bow is set up and the bow itself! Blair would rather you experiment with it and possibly not need anything else, at an extra cost! If you do end up needing something, Blair has them or he will tell you where to get them!

As for the comment from the other poster about B-Stinger eventually adding some form of rubber or other flexible material between the bar and the weight, well I talked to Blair personally enough to say, without putting words in his mouth, that unless some new alien material is discovered, that maintains the exact amount of rigidity and still absorbs more vibration, that ain't gonna happen!! B-Stinger equals, a STIFF, RIGID, SOLID connection to the bow with NO flex anywhere!!! Sorry Blair if you have found said Alien material and plan to use it!!!:mg::)
I do appreciate their great service and that they aren't trying to stick it to you...

·
Registered
34,166 Posts

Very well said.....and you are 100% correct. Adding rubber will take away from what the stabilizer is gaining you.

I used to have a rear Doinker on my Pro Elite with weights 3oz of weight on the end of it....after talking to Blair I took it off...and added some other weights to give me the same feel. HOLY COW what a difference in my hold. :)

I think the problem that the OP is having and all others that are having issues with vibration honestly has to do with cam rotation and finding the sweet spot. :) I had a similar issue....I had my PE set up and was shooting it very well for me. :wink: But it had more jump then I knew it should have and I didn't feel like playing with anything because it was right before Nationals when I got it to fit me and shooting the way I wanted it. During States a few weeks later I took the rear Doinker off and my limb shox tore...so I pulled them off and holy cow was the bow loud and jumpy.....

well I will tell you it wasn't the B-Stinger that was the issue.....because now after playing with the cam rotation and setting it up the way it should be....the bow sits there after the shot and it 10X quieter then it was....and a PE with 3000s shooting an arrow 35 grains over 5 grains is a heck of a lot louder and more jumpy then any parallel limbed hunting bow on the market :wink:

Put your cams in the right spot and let em eat :wink:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts