Archery Talk Forum banner

Changeing pecentage mod.? Dose it change timeing

400 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Unk Bond
Changeing pecentage mod.? Dose it change timeing

Changeing from 75% mod to 65% mod.Dose this change timeing. Or throws timeing out.. Later
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47,636 Posts
Good question. :confused3: Draw it, look at the stops and you'll know for sure. :D I'd guess no, though. It won't change synch, I'm pretty darned sure about that much, but it may change the stop timing a bit. Now you have me curious, too. Thanks a bunch, Unk. :lol:

· C:\My Documents\My Pictur
24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good question. :confused3: Draw it, look at the stops and you'll know for sure. :D I'd guess no, though. It won't change synch, I'm pretty darned sure about that much, but it may change the stop timing a bit. Now you have me curious, too. Thanks a bunch, Unk. :lol:

Well i had my Barn-E bow timed at a shop.Felt great.
Then i decided to change to 65% cam's from 75%.

Well i hung Barn-E up.Never shot Barn-E. Well a couple friends came by.I said,you guys want to feel a smooth double recurve limb bow. They pulled the bow back.And said it was way out of time. My lower lip dropped :embara: in dismay.Boy was it ever out of time. 2 cam bows drive me up the wall.Thats the reason Barn-E was on the wall.My single cam Rival Pro is what i shoot. Never a problem. :) [Later

24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no way that changing the mods would throw it out of time unless you got one of each mod on it. Something else is amiss here.

Well that got me up ,out of my chair :) Went to my shop.They are both the same.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
Assuming this is a binary cam.It can change the cam sync and draw stop position a little when changing mods from what I have seen it generally is not a hole lot but it generally does need to be adjusted to be at peak performance.The Mod is not the only reason it is how the limbs react to the drawforce change and how the strings react aswell that will affect the cam sync.On a binary cam you would max the limbs out make sure the limb to cam orientation is the same on both ends at rest if not adjust the lim bolts to set the same then check & set cam sync at full draw then recheck limb to cam orientation at rest.Then you should be good to go if all other elements are rite.Other elements include limb preload[A2A],max poundage,peak poundage at proper point of DFC and let-off.

24,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well so much for that idea then :eek: Unk did you try swapping them back to the other mods and see if it brings it back in time. You got us intrigued now so keep us posted if you find out what the heck is going on.

No.But i asure you i will change back.Just to see.Will let you know. It will give me a chance to use my new portable bow press . I used it on a BowTech today. Before trying it on Barn-E ] Smile [Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.