Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to change strings on my target rig. Doing it myself this time. Thing is bow has 60lb limbs ,and they are maxing out at 57lbs. Would you just put new strings on or get everything back to poundage and shooting perfect again and mark and measure everything. Twist buss cable to bring up poundage and twist control to get timing and sync back and then string to get draw length is correct route ,right? Thanks btw, it has buss (top yokes), control cable,and string.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
I always put on strings, get weight where I want it(twist buss) then get dl set, then set cam timing and has served me well. Thus is on Hoyt’s.

I like using these, keep me straight if I get my old timers kicking in. I got them off AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Going to change strings on my target rig. Doing it myself this time. Thing is bow has 60lb limbs ,and they are maxing out at 57lbs. Would you just put new strings on or get everything back to poundage and shooting perfect again and mark and measure everything. Twist buss cable to bring up poundage and twist control to get timing and sync back and then string to get draw length is correct route ,right? Thanks btw, it has buss (top yokes), control cable,and string.
Just add twists to the buss cable to get poundage set then adjust control cable for timing. Hoyt factory cable lengths usually need some tweaking to get into spec. If the string builder built to factory lengths that is most likely the reason for the low draw weight.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Just put the new strings on, then adjust the new ones.
There is no need to do it twice. Unless you want to save the old set as a backup.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Tagged.

Larry, do you by any chance have a chart like that for Mathews? Specifically the Halon 32? Or know where I could find it? Seems like it would be very handy to have on hand as a reference.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always put on strings, get weight where I want it(twist buss) then get dl set, then set cam timing and has served me well. Thus is on Hoyt’s.

I like using these, keep me straight if I get my old timers kicking in. I got them off AT.

Thanks for the charts, takes out the trial and error.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Tagged.

Larry, do you by any chance have a chart like that for Mathews? Specifically the Halon 32? Or know where I could find it? Seems like it would be very handy to have on hand as a reference.
Sorry I don’t. I would ask in the Mathews section. These charts came from a sticky on here. I would ask ontarget7 he did a complete breakdown on the halon or halon 32 but he can prob give you what you need to know. I did one on a grid before I found these to have em pinned on my shop wall.

Tacoma hope they help. It’s just a simple thing but it has helped me more than any other thing I have found for Hoyt’s and bows with the cam and half.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts