Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Viper scope with a .010 up pin that I am going to change the fiber in. Never done that before and here are a few questions...

1. What is the best method of balling the end of the fiber, or do I need to do that?
2. I will assume that you will start the fiber up into the pin, pull out to ball it and pull it down into the pin?
3. When wrapping the fiber does it matter where the end of the fiber stops? Would you want it to end on the side or top?
4. What do you guys use to finish off the wrapped fibers? Do most of you use tape on one spot or wrap a tape around the entire scope?

I know most of the answers to my questions are no-brainers, I'm just getting some input on what to look for. Thanks for any input.

·
Shootin and Cussin
22,913 Posts
1) Heat the head of a nail and get it close to, but don't touch, the head of the fiber.
2) Yes.
3) My old Viper has a hole in the side of the scope the tail end of the fiber goes through. I ball that end as well.
4) See #3.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sorry to dig out the old post....

say if i wan to have a 0.019 fiber pin in the Viper scope. (currently running 0.010) do i need to change the whole pin set?

DOes the 0.019 fiber goes into the existing 0.010 viper stand up pin? (Im using the Viper scope)

appreciate if anyone can share their experience in changing the fiber pin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts