Archery Talk Forum banner

Changing from 4 inch vanes to 2 inch?

972 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  RCL
I shoot Carbon Force Extreme carbon arrows that have the 4 inch vanes and was wondering about the possibility of changing them out to use something like a Quik Spin ST Speed Hunter 2 inch vane. Is it possible to change the vane size with no adverse effect on arrow flight? and where would I place the 2 inch vane on the arrow?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Check out my thread listed below. I did just what you were thinking. My vanes are 7/8" from nock. The closer you can get with clearance to the back of arrow the better. Theory is it stabilizes Broadheads quicker and better.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=872360

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 inch vane clearance?

I don't have them in front of me, but looking at pictures of the 2 inch vanes it looks like they protrude further away from the arrow than the 4 inch vanes, I guess you could call it vane height. Is it taller than the 4 inch vane?

· Grumpy Old Man
26,862 Posts
If anything it should help the flight of the arrow somewhat......it will take weight from the back of the arrow and make the front (seem) a little heavier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.