Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this very short because we're all so busy 馃構. Does anyone change their nock height to get their point on at a preferred yardage? Does this seem to work well with broad heads?

Registered
Not so much with broadheads but works with field points. There are limits but you can get 6-8" pretty easy. Just raise your nocking point until flight is not acceptable then work back down. Most of my bows have a range of about 1/4" where the bow shoots fine. My nock point is usually about 3/4" above the rest shooting 3 under.

Registered
Dewayne Martin talked about this a while back and even did a couple of videos.

He shot broadheads that way also and got good flight. Check the videos yourself but I don't remember him claiming that the broadheads and field points would hit the same point...which is what many of us tune for.

Registered
I set my bows for 3D to have a Point on at 30 Yards. I this by moving the nock. Like MGF said DeWayne Martin has a video of him doing just that to set up his bow for hunting, in it, he made his point on 23 yards.

Registered
I set my nock for arrow flight (BS hit with fletched), and if that gives me a POD too far I increase arrow weight or poundage or both to get my desired POD and tune. It's doable any way you like, moving the nocking point to some degree or adjusting arrow/poundage

Registered
Been messing with this myself, was able to go up to 1", seems longer heavier arrows made a bigger impact point on wise, I'm at 25 yards point on by going from

30" 433 grain arrow, nock set at 5/8, point on was 35ish
32" 525 grain arrow, nicked set at 3/4 point on 25 yards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts