Archery Talk Forum banner

Changing sights on and out

208 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PattersonHutch 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about maybe shooting some 3d tournaments with my uncle when it warms up here in TN. So I want to keep one sight set for my broadheads and I'm going to buy a 5 pin and maybe at it for my field tips. So would it make my sight off Target changing them in and out or would it be okay?

#2 ·
Assuming that you're not changing the bow settings or the arrow, then changing sights out would not be an issue.

I use Axcel target sights on dovetails and Axcel 5 pin sights on dovetails. Changing from the target sight to the five pin sight and back does not change the "zero" for either type sight.

#3 ·
I've changed sights before. When changing sights make sure you do it the same way each and every time. Me, bow up and install top screw and then bottom screw. Tighten in order, top and then bottom. Okay, bow up the sight hangs down at the front - even a little pressure could help. Those counter sunk holes aren't prefect nor the screws.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.