Archery Talk Forum banner

Changing strings on a Admiral

471 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Whaack
Has anyone changed strings on an Admiral just by backing out the limb bolts? If there are any pointers you can give me that would be great, I have a set on order now. Thanks
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
The Guardian is the only bow that Bowtech makes that you can change strings by backing out the limbs. Too much limb tension remains after the bolt reaches the hole. My advise go to a press that can handle the Bowtech split limb bows... I sell 'em... I won't try it...

· Pick a spot, Don't punch
1,822 Posts
Yes they can be changed, but you have to be carefull. The bow will come completely apart limbs, rockers, everything will come apart. But if you take your time and do ONE string/cable at a time it can be accomplished without it all coming apart.

Alot easier and safer to take it to someone with a fingers press.

12,323 Posts
I did it just this week. Back the limb bolts out but not all the way. Keep an eye on the hole towards the end of the riser and make sure you don't back the limbs all the way out. You can then remove the strings and cables and replace them.

FYI, timing everything afterwards can be a pain if you don't have a press.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.