Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of my buddies have got bows ordered from this company. Interesting thing is that they are designed by John Fazio of Sovereign Archery which had made my very short list for a new bow. Looks very nice and with good price and delivery times also. Wondering if anyone had shot them, etc.

One of the guys has his 21st Century bow for sale as a result too if someone wants a nice bow. 55#@27". It does shoot nice but doesn't make the cut for "traditional longbow class" at the Texas Longbow Championships so he's trading it off. It's cut in the hybrid lines. Believe it's going for $200.

~Scott

·
Registered
916 Posts
Scott

I heard of them but I'm with you don't know much about them. Heck I didn't even know Fazio was making them I thought for sure he was SA only. We'll see if any one gives us a sit rep-standing by for now.

Out for now

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's not making them actually. He designed the bows and another fellow named Bruce Boughn makes them. Here's the web address:

Chaparral Archery

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh, took the plunge anyway with my buddies. Ordered a Chaparral Kaibab DeLuxe model, 64", 52#@29". Should be here in about a month. He said he'd get it ready to ship with thier bows. Normal wait is 6 weeks. Very nice guy! Let you all know how she shoots when it comes.

~Scott

Still wouldn't mind hearing anyone's experience with this bow or any of John Fazio's Sovereign bows.

·
Registered
916 Posts
New bow

Good on ya. Hope that stick does the trick, keep us posted. Is their a website for Chaparral.
On a another note have you seen any of the Horne Archery Bows (TX company)?
I just finished looking at them in the new Traditional Bowhunter mag they look good anyway. But you know looks, well it can still be a pig.
Have fun

Out for now

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the Basic model but shows the hybrid reflex-deflex planform.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have a basic Kaibab. Fastest longbow I've ever shot and will smoke the majority of recurves also.

It's also a very stable shooting bow with no handshock. VERY good bow especially for the price!

The Deluxe models look really nice but i haven't seen one 1st hand. A buddy should be getting one in soon.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was about to start a new tread to ask about Chaparal bows, but found this old one, so I thought I could "reopen" it.
It would be nice to hear your experience with theese bows now. I understood the company was rather new when the discussion came up last year.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we've had our bows for a while now. All three of us are completely sold on them. Fast, light, no shock, well made. Two basics and my deluxe. Got mine at 52# and it feels faster than the 62# that I was shooting plus easier draw. Highly recommend Chaparral. One of the most under-rated bows in the business. Do the tryout program first. The Basic is only $350. Deluxe is $100 more. I'm happy now.

For the previous question up the thread. One of the other guys has a Horne's Archery bow. Nice looking and shooting, but he's had to return it twice now. We're thinking Horne might have gotten a bit rushed with the extra business since the interview in Traditional Bowhunter magazine. They are very nice folks. Met them at a local hunting show.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's good advice to try their 'Try before you buy' offer. Most folks like it but I know of one fellow at another site had a lot of complaints....

With their offer to try them out first there should be no surprises.
No one bow will please all shooters...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally got around to taking photos of my Kaibab Deluxe.

Go to my webshots page. The link is in my signature. Look for Archery & Bowhunting (newest). Go to page 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts