Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it would be interesting to find out. What type of ata, bh, cam system, any special riser characteristics, weight, ect? (Only talking about the bow, not sights, strings, other parts of your setup:)) What would you use this bow for?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Indoor/field: 45"+ ata, furious x sytem cams, closed shelf/ deflex riser, 8.5"+ bh, 28-30" riser, under 5lb, riser has something like hoyt tecc riser arch.

3d: 40" ata, parallel limbs, 7.5"+ bh, delfex/straight riser, hybrix cam system(alien x cam), closed shelf, long riser for stability, 4.5lb, arch in riser like hoyt

Hunting: 34" ata, 6" bh, parallel limbs, hybrix cams, open shelf, arch like hoyt

lets hear yours:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
33 1/2 ata, 6" bh, advanced vectoring system, 4.4 lbs and awesome looks!

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
My perfect bow...

35" ATA
7.5" BH
around 4.2 or 4.3 lbs
Center Pivot design
Hoyt's cam system
Hoyt's grips (I know a lot of people hate them but I love them)
Cable slide (no freaking roller guards)
Actually a decent supressor (something like a mean v stock or STS stock)
IBO of 325 to 335ish

That would be my perfect bow for everything

Right now I think the AM 35 would be dang close to this... we'll see what next year brings. Right now I'm pretty contect with my Guardian.

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
perfect bow for me 06 allegiance with 07-08 grip with 82nd cams with cableslide and rod. ata 34 bh 7.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
bow

34ata 6in bh binary 2 track cams laminated split limbs 38degree limb angle bows center just below shelf or top of grip , grip angle low to med around 4lbs

·
P.T Smacdown outdoors!!!!
1,554 Posts
35'' ata 7.25 bh 50-60lbs 335 ibo hybrid cam style i guess

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Hunting or Target
46" axle to axle
8" brace height
Hoyt riser
Spiral cams

I believe a Vantage Elite with XT3000 limbs fits that.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Hunting Bow: 33-34" ata, 7.5"bh, 80% let off, 4.0 lb, 65-75# draw, single cam, adj. dl, Ross Grip, Mean V, In Velvet finish, 320-330 fps IBO, MO Tree stand camo, Black/gray B2 Bowstrings,cables.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
What type of ata, bh, cam system, any special riser characteristics, weight, ect?
My ideal hunting bow is something with an A to A anywhere in the 30" to 35" range, simply because I've learned to love the shorter easily manuverable bows in thick brush and/or a small treestand. I prefer a brace of 7" to 7.5" and the cam system MUST be smooth, while still generating respectable arrow speed. I also prefer a rock solid back wall. I also favor a fairly balanced riser and not one thats to top heavy. The riser must also sport a comfortable thin grip. I don't like my bows riser to be heavy either, instead I prefer to have the option to add any additional weight that I may desire with stabilizers and such.

All this being said, my favorite bows out there right now are the Mathews DXT and the BowTech Admiral. Everything I could ever want in a premium bowhunting package. ;)

·
Banned
9,743 Posts
I like the longer ATA bows, and I also like speed from a bow...
but most of all for me the bow has to be quiet, and the bow has to fit:smile:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Any target bow that comes with a guarantee for the perfect score all the time

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I think they just named it....

VANQUISH!

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like a shorter bow around 30" ata, and I shoot a lighter bow better around 3.25 pounds. I would like a brace height around 6.5" to 7", and speed to be in the 325-335 range. cams like bowtechs binarys, and a limb to riser setup like the bowtechs center pivot? I think. With a hoyt style riser.

·
Registered
531 Posts
10" ata bow, 10" brace height (yeah thats right its shaped like a sqaure), its called the killer cube, smoking fast and it comes in target colors.

·
Registered
24,957 Posts
if rytera made the alien x with a 35 ata and it shot at the same speed that would be my dream bow. but my alien is amazing

·
Wisconsin Bowhunter
1,527 Posts
My ideal hunting bow is something with an A to A anywhere in the 30" to 35" range, simply because I've learned to love the shorter easily manuverable bows in thick brush and/or a small treestand. I prefer a brace of 7" to 7.5" and the cam system MUST be smooth, while still generating respectable arrow speed. I also prefer a rock solid back wall. I also favor a fairly balanced riser and not one thats to top heavy. The riser must also sport a comfortable thin grip. I don't like my bows riser to be heavy either, instead I prefer to have the option to add any additional weight that I may desire with stabilizers and such.
+1.. seems we look for the same things in a bow.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
36 inches A to A, seven inch brace height, roller cable guide or no cable guide and IBO of around 310 fps. Solidly built.
Excaliber.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
A switchback XT with the speed of the Monster. All carbon fiber, around 3 lbs, with a Hoyt one piece grip.Built in string suppressor in the middle, get rid of the ones on the limbs.No roller guard, some kind of new shoot through system. Also, strings with Halo serving so the seperation problem is never an issue.

I would buy one.:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts