Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about cheap fiberglass arrows for practice with compound, yes or no?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Archery Talk forum

·
Banned
9,000 Posts
What do you think about cheap fiberglass arrows for practice with compound, yes or no?

Do not use fiberglass arrows in a compound bow, most are not strong enough to handle the stress. If you want cheap then get some Chinese carbons.

·
Registered
865 Posts
It would be better for you to shoot your bow without any arrows than use cheap fibreglass arrows.

Both methods will break your bow but at least you won't get a broken arrow through you hand.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Victory buck busters or “buck addiction” by victory are both decent cheep arrows. I buy mine from Williams outdoors on eBay. Cut to length with inserts they run 45 bucks shipped per dozen. .006 tolerance I believe.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Why would you go cheap on the most important part of the equation? I buy the best shafts possible, pay a grand or more for a bow and you skimp on arrows? Doesn't really make sense

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
For $19.99 you can get a 1/2dz Victory Decimator arrows from Dick's Sporting Goods during their routine Flash sales.....great practice arrow. They slap & stack for practice and they've dropped plenty of deer and turkey. You shouldn't need to go any cheaper than that...

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
LOL.....just noticed your location OP. I'm betting it's highly probable that you don't have a Dick's Sporting Goods store nearby??

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I use the same arrows for practice or hunting. Your bow is tuned with one arrow, switch arrow ya gotta retune.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL.....just noticed your location OP. I'm betting it's highly probable that you don't have a Dick's Sporting Goods store nearby??
You are right. In Serbia choices are very limited and very, very expensive. Even cheap fiberglass is not so cheap actualy. Carbon arrows... Huh... Ordering from foreign stores is cheap in start, but after shipping and customs its again same story. I have to get my bow soon, but with accessories and making target included, that prety much leave my budget empty. And i am in dilema... To buy cheap arrows and start shooting or just to look in my ready bow for some time until get money for decent ones. How you can look in cake without tasting it?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I think I would focus on finding very durable arrows and taking very good care of them so they last a long time.

I’ve never shot them but the PSE Radial X Weave is known to be the most durable carbon available.

Buy once pay what you have to and make them last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts