Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title states does anyone here know of a good deal on decent hang on? Not looking for the best of the best, just safe :wink: No preference on what brand either. Thanks!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sportsmansguide has run a sale for the last couple of seasons for a $39 lock-on. I've got 3, and some of my hunting partners have a few. You couldn't build one for $39 if you had your own metal shop. All steel with a fold-down padded seat. You asked for the cheapest, that's it. You can buy 3 for what many top-brand stands sell for.

·
Live to Hunt,Hunt to Live
1,269 Posts
Dicks had a sale on their lock ons and steps. 2 for 1 and the price was like $40. They are the big game brand. So I got 2 tree stands and 2 sets of steps for $80. But like I said that was after season sale.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Menards always has cheap stands....I have several hang ons and ladder stands and they work good.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Just mine opinion but one place I wouldn't go cheap is a stand. I want something built like a tank and also comfortable.
I second Gorilla stands

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
sportsmans guide has some decent stands for 40 bucks i think... depends on how big you want the platform.

·
Registered
252 Posts
for the best bang for my $$$$ the big dog stands suits me just fine not to be cheap or anything but for 50 bucks can't beat it

·
Registered
4,953 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Guide Gear lock ons from sportsmans guide with 20ft stix for 59.00. Has the larger platform and fold down seat, and I also have the smaller ones from 3 years ago when they were 29.00. Big difference 3 years makes! they totally re-designed them and made easier to lock on tree and seems lighter even tho larger. I am 5'11" and 220 and have not a scare in the world using these all year long. Change out the straps every year and if chains, check the bolts and hardware and you are good to go.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Guide gear from sportsmans guide!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sportsmans guide just sent an email out, now 29.00 and 24.00 for members for the Guide Gear Lock-on. Can't beat that. I shoulda waited another week!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts