Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

The club I shoot at runs frequent 3d shoots. What arrows would you recommend to shoot out of my #34 Olympic recurve? I am looking for something that can survive rear end impacts, and misses into hard dirt, and trees. Also I want them to be cheap enough that I won't worry to much about breaking them.

Thank you in advance and happy shooting!

·
Lowered expectations
15,629 Posts
What are you currently using? I'd be inclined to recommend something in a similar diameter as well as similar spine.

·
Registered
373 Posts
If a 600 spine is right, I have a recommendation. Lancaster sells an Easton arrow they call the Aviator. It seems very similar to an Easton ion arrow. Prices are very good but inconsistent. It seems they are on sale for a different price each month. I bought mine at $2.50 per arrow including insert and installed H nocks. The arrows are way more consistent than I am and are pretty durable.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
If a 600 spine is right, I have a recommendation. Lancaster sells an Easton arrow they call the Aviator. It seems very similar to an Easton ion arrow. Prices are very good but inconsistent. It seems they are on sale for a different price each month. I bought mine at $2.50 per arrow including insert and installed H nocks. The arrows are way more consistent than I am and are pretty durable.
This is Spot On, if the spine rating works out...The Aviator is the same arrow as the Ion, just at a .006 TIR spec,, VS. the Ion, listed as .003 TIR specs...I've shot the ION arrows off and on since it was on the market, and they are really good arrows, especially for the price, the components fit nicely, and they are pretty tough, seem to be tougher than the Carbon One arrows, and the price is about half...Jim

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ditto. Got 18 at that price, specifically to shoot 3D and not worry about losing or breaking my nicer arrows. They are more accurate than I can shoot.

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
600 spine might be a bit stiff for 34 pounds unless the arrow is in the 30" range. My last year shooting i was shooting a 600 X10 with nock to start of point around 28.75 and 43 pounds on the fingers and the bare shaft was about 2" left at 50M

1 - 7 of 7 Posts