Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the old saying: "you get what you pay for." However, I am so tempted to buy one of those cheap climbers off ebay. There are two different ones out there that I know of for about $120. They are a little heavy, but still, that's a good price. Anyone use either of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLIMBER-DEER-GAME-HUNTING-CLIMBING-TREE-STAND_W0QQitemZ180440670823QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a031a2267

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VENOM-XTREME-SERIES-CLIMBER-TREE-STAND_W0QQitemZ360213662155QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53de6849cb

·
Registered
779 Posts
I took that route this september and actually was suprised. I had my summit team realtree stand stolen when I hung it this summer and with funds tight I was forced to go with one of these. It is the exact same except a little heavier and not as comfortable. 4 hour morning/evening sits are not a problem but I would bring a cushion if i did an all day sit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took that route this september and actually was suprised. I had my summit team realtree stand stolen when I hung it this summer and with funds tight I was forced to go with one of these. It is the exact same except a little heavier and not as comfortable. 4 hour morning/evening sits are not a problem but I would bring a cushion if i did an all day sit.
Was it the Venom one or the other?

·
Registered
779 Posts
It was the venom extreme. I just checked and my summit box says 18 pounds for the one some low life decided he needed more than me :cry: and this one is 28 pounds. Unless your treking the back country its not really a big deal. My atv doesn't mind the extra 10 pounds :wink:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was the venom extreme. I just checked and my summit box says 18 pounds for the one some low life decided he needed more than me :cry: and this one is 28 pounds. Unless your treking the back country its not really a big deal. My atv doesn't mind the extra 10 pounds :wink:
Haha! I hear that! I actually usually bike into public land so it wouldn't matter too much.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
try sportsmansguide.com same stand $80 300 lbs rated
Where are you seeing it at? I'm a member and don't see an 80 climber on their site?? Randy

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
This guy at buck lake post is a jack a**. I bought a hang on from him several years ago. The sling seat one. They shipped it w/ missing parts and no bolts or nuts. Some of the holes werent even drilled. I made numorous phone calls and e-mails. he wouldnt answer or call back. Finally after starting a paypal dispute he returned a call. he was a real jerk on the phone and tryed blaming me for the problems. It took another month, then i finally got all my stuff.
The stand is extremely heavy and not that nice. i dont even use it anymore.
id wold stear clear of this outfit. There not even tma certified. He was greatly offended when i asked if he was.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If you can post a link to that stand on sportsmans guide for 80 bucks i am definately ordering one...i couldnt find it after i flipped through all there climbing treestands

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I hope your not talking about the sportsmans guide stands being junk..I just ordered 2 from them..lol But there hang ons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts