Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used these cheap lighted nocks from amazon? Reviews seem to be good, just wondering if any of y’all have used them

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don’t know, but with the continuous crappy quality of the Nockturnals, I may be trying some of these cheap ones next year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know, but with the continuous crappy quality of the Nockturnals, I may be trying some of these cheap ones next year.
I agree. I’ve had terrible luck with nokturnals. Think I’m going to try some of these if I can find the correct size

·
USAF Retired
3,433 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have bought the cheap ones off ebay, worked great for one season. The next season all the batteries were corroded whether they were installed or still in the package. But for the price, probably worth it.

·
Registered
Bowtech Realm X and PSE Inertia 50lbs
3,802 Posts
they turn on and off like glory nocks

·
Registered
307 Posts
Tried before, some never worked from day 1, others worked dim for a couple shots, maybe 1 out of 4 worked ok so don't expect much.

·
Registered
122 Posts
cheap china. Always buy American. But if cheap and the risk of a break and dry fire interests you then have at it. What have you got to lose?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Been using the Cute Panda nocks for a handful of years now without issue. Sure, some have shown up not working and some have corroded after 2+ years of sitting. But, as stated above, it’s not like the more expensive ones were bulletproof. I had my fair share of issues with them not working properly. For the cost, any defective ones just move over to my practice nock pile and it doesn’t bother me a bit.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I see a lot of complaints about Nockturnals. I’ve never had a single bad one out of several dozen over the years. Guess I’m just lucky.

·
southern traditions
4,910 Posts
I use those and the ones from cute panda. I've had good luck with both . I bought 6 last month and 1 didn't work, I sent a message and they refunded some of my money.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2nd year using them. I have about 20-25 non working Nocturnal and other high name brand ones. I have one that I practice with that is still at a low glow, for 2 months now. Def worth the $$..
@limb_bender, where do you think EVERY one of those lighted knocks come from?? You seriously think they are "made" in America? Assembled is the answer. But they all came from same cheap place

·
Registered
970 Posts
I've been using them for about 5-years now. I've had a couple that didn't turn on during the release but I've also had Nocturnals do the same. Overall, I'll continue using them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered those same nocks in Green. I have been shooting the same 3 for target practice for over 4 hours total at this point. They turn off easily with the little screwdriver provided or a pocket knife. One of the nocks turns on easily when I click it on the string, but the others turn on at release. I can get the one that turns on easily with the string to not turn on when nocking it if I am careful. I plan to use the other unused 3 during this hunting season. They have worked better than the Lumenoks I had prior.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Nocks are not an area where I try to save money. A broken nock can not only cost you an animal, but your bow as well if it happens to cause a dry fire.

Not worth it when decent nocks really aren't that expensive in the first place.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 460, Excalibur Paradox 325, 50# toparchery recurve
121 Posts
Anybody used these cheap lighted nocks from amazon? Reviews seem to be good, just wondering if any of y’all have used them
Check out Carbon Express Launchpads. I got them for like $15 for 3 at Canadian tire, but they should be on the American Amazon or whatever outdoor store you guys have down there. So far they're pretty reliable. The battery doesn't last the longest but they're so cheap it doesn't matter much if I only use them for hunting or bareshaft tuning. Plus they're super simple and rugged! As for the nock they're not bad at all. Never had issues so far.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
lighted nocks make me a little nervous, but i like them.... i'm personally too paranoid about a dry fire to save a few dollars... not saying it would happen, but i will stick with reputable nocks.

i like firenocks, but they are a pain to install and expensive. so far i'm liking glory nocks, they have been good and easy to use. did not like nockturnals at all.

if i start disliking glory nocks, i will go with firenocks.... not go the other way to cheap "nock-off" lighted nocks, haha.... maybe they're fine, and if they work good for folks, great.... i'm just too paranoid about buying cheap nocks.... can't expect great quality/materials at that price, and a busted nock would be bad for my bow, and i like my bow

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
There are issues with every single brand of lighted nocks from cost to reliability, fit issues. No need to brake the bank for them.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
They look like the nocks sold on Ebay by Cute panda, if they are similar, I've used them for 4 years without a problem.
I've also used the ones sold by cute pands for 2-3 years now with great luck. I started with Nockturnals and had poor results but good customer service. I've had one of my cute pandas last for over 5 days in my garage testing it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts