JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Oh a china " nock off " thread lol.

Yup used them they are great

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
cheap china. Always buy American. But if cheap and the risk of a break and dry fire interests you then have at it. What have you got to lose?
Lol you really think nocks are made in America lol your funny

Reactions: MihajloSimsic

·
Registered
870 Posts
Lol you really think nocks are made in America lol your funny

Well you can figure out pretty easy that Nockturnals are made in China, every knock-off is the same design. You never see one that looks like a Lumenok because they come out of a little bity town in Illinois.

·
Registered
796 Posts
They’re ripping you off on Amazon. I bought a bunch of .204 lighted nocks from China but US Seller on eBay last year, I think I paid $12 per dozen versus $14 for 6 on amazon. Nocks work as advertised, they fit into the arrows, clip onto the string, and light up when I shoot them!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
They work well but they don't fit for crap. I have had to use something inside them to make them fit the shaft better. I use plumbers tape.

I like how they turn off better than nockturnals.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Anyone have a link for " cute panda" on EBay? I recall everyone giving him thumbs up years ago for quality and price. Ordering arrows tomorrow, going from X nock to H nock- need me some cheap, New Nockturnals.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 460, Excalibur Paradox 325, 50# toparchery recurve
121 Posts
Nocks are not an area where I try to save money. A broken nock can not only cost you an animal, but your bow as well if it happens to cause a dry fire.

Not worth it when decent nocks really aren't that expensive in the first place.
Even cheap nocks are not that east to break. Especially any kind of lighted nock that fits the diameter of the shaft. As long as the nock is firm inside the shaft nothing will happen. Don't think that because you pay $15/nock that now you're magically exempt from any malfunctions. Almost all lighted nocks are made the same and it's usually the more expensive ones that are poorly designed. If your nock is not sitting right against your string and you fire it then I'd say that's more your fault than the nocks.

·
Premium Member
4,677 Posts
I see a lot of complaints about Nockturnals. I’ve never had a single bad one out of several dozen over the years. Guess I’m just lucky.
Same here, I have great success with Nockturnals.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I’ve tried them all. Lumenocks are the only ones that last for me. I’ll stay with them for now on.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have used the nocks pictured in the first post for the last 2 years, I have bought 2 packs just to use for practice over the summer, out of the 12 nocks I only had problems with one and that was it would turn on when I nocked the arrow all the others have worked flawlessly over at least 1000 shots. I have also weigh all my arrow components before I use them and these nocks are always within .5 grains of each other. Also the little screw driver piece comes in handy to just carry in your pack to turn them off.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Even cheap nocks are not that east to break. Especially any kind of lighted nock that fits the diameter of the shaft. As long as the nock is firm inside the shaft nothing will happen. Don't think that because you pay $15/nock that now you're magically exempt from any malfunctions. Almost all lighted nocks are made the same and it's usually the more expensive ones that are poorly designed. If your nock is not sitting right against your string and you fire it then I'd say that's more your fault than the nocks.
"Even cheap nocks are not that easy to break." Meaning, all nocks, even cheap ones, aren't easy to break.

And then you directly contradict yourself and say that more expensive ones are poorly designed and can easily break.

Maybe some more fore thought and proof reading are necessary before you make completely contradicting arguments against yourself.

Also, I've seen posts on here about cheap nocks breaking. So, yeah, they do break.

All lighted nocks are NOT made the same, there are several different designs with significantly different operation modes and construction. Your ignorance on lighted nocks is pretty significant.

Also, I never said that expensive nocks are exempt from malfunctions, however, they're at least built by the same company and should be consistent. Unlike nocks made in China after stealing patented tech and producing them as cheap as humanly possible while still giving some resemblance of an item that holds on to a bow string and lights up(sometimes) when the arrow is shot.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 460, Excalibur Paradox 325, 50# toparchery recurve
121 Posts
"Even cheap nocks are not that easy to break." Meaning, all nocks, even cheap ones, aren't easy to break.

And then you directly contradict yourself and say that more expensive ones are poorly designed and can easily break.

Maybe some more fore thought and proof reading are necessary before you make completely contradicting arguments against yourself.

Also, I've seen posts on here about cheap nocks breaking. So, yeah, they do break.

All lighted nocks are NOT made the same, there are several different designs with significantly different operation modes and construction. Your ignorance on lighted nocks is pretty significant.

Also, I never said that expensive nocks are exempt from malfunctions, however, they're at least built by the same company and should be consistent. Unlike nocks made in China after stealing patented tech and producing them as cheap as humanly possible while still giving some resemblance of an item that holds on to a bow string and lights up(sometimes) when the arrow is shot.
If you cared to read my comment then you'd realize that "Break" and "malfunction" have different meanings. When a nock breaks then there's the chance you can dry fire the bow but even then that's low. I simply stated that cheap nocks are just as durable as some of the expensive ones. I said that expensive lighted nocks can malfunction at least as often as the cheap ones. Meaning the light. Which is why you see people always complaining about nocturnals among other name brands. Even Luminok makes garbage on occassion. If you think that all the name brands only make their nocks in the U.S (even if they say they do) then you're gullible. If you actually look inside any lighted nock they all have the same battery and lightbulb. The only difference is what mechanism activates the light which doesn't vary much at all.
Stop trying to make it out as "if you don't buy the most expensive product then you can't hunt!". I bet you think that a $600 recurve performs infinitely better than a $150 recurve.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
If you cared to read my comment then you'd realize that "Break" and "malfunction" have different meanings. When a nock breaks then there's the chance you can dry fire the bow but even then that's low. I simply stated that cheap nocks are just as durable as some of the expensive ones. I said that expensive lighted nocks can malfunction at least as often as the cheap ones. Meaning the light. Which is why you see people always complaining about nocturnals among other name brands. Even Luminok makes garbage on occassion. If you think that all the name brands only make their nocks in the U.S (even if they say they do) then you're gullible. If you actually look inside any lighted nock they all have the same battery and lightbulb. The only difference is what mechanism activates the light which doesn't vary much at all.
Stop trying to make it out as "if you don't buy the most expensive product then you can't hunt!". I bet you think that a $600 recurve performs infinitely better than a $150 recurve.
I'll concede to the break/malfunction difference. I disagree that cheap nocks break at the same rate as more expensive nocks, but there's no real proof on either side other than my personal experience.

I don't care where nocks are made, there's a significant difference between made in china by knock off companies, and made in china to specifications laid out by a legitimate company that holds a patent. Seriously, family business and we work with Chinese manufacturing for certain things because it's just not available otherwise. You may disagree, that's fine. I've seen it with my own eyes.

I never said you have to buy the most expensive. Not cheaping out != buying the absolute most expensive option available. I don't shoot firenocks. I also don't shoot 'buy them by the dozen on ebay' crap because I've seen them cause problems for friends of mine. In any market there's usually a happy medium where the quality is there, but you're not paying extra for a name or low volume boutique construction/manufacturing or insane marketing.

Infinitely better? Simply impossible. I don't equate price to quality 100% of the time. But 95% of the time, the more expensive item is more expensive for a reason. Whether that reason is useful to any specific person is up for debate.

Very rarely do I see a cheap, knock off version of a product cost significantly less and perform better or equal to the original. Very rarely.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve used these and wasn’t pleased with them. The ones I used had a weird wire that caused the nock to turn on unnecessarily so (burned me when I was hunting in a ground blind last year).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Had a Nockturnal break while shooting at a doe last year. Gotta be atleast as good as that... i may give them a shot. Chinadermics have been killer for me.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts