Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a cheaper second spotting scope. Noticed that Cabelas has one that looks pretty cool called a Trekker. Is it any good or is it a piece of junk. Anyone got one that can comment?
Jbird

·
Registered
410 Posts
Listen up Bird-turd. I checked it out, and was going to buy one until I was given one (by my plumber). I think I would have bought a single power scope. Probably the Burris 20X50. The 20 power is good enough to see 90m , and wide enough to see 20y. It's cheap, small and multi-coated. And one less moving part.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I bought a BSA from BAss Pro this year for 60 bucks with a mini tripod. It's a 15-60x and looked to be better quality that the BUsnells and others for coparison price and the glass seemed better. Matt

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Jbird,
Here's the one I PM'ed you about.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Jbird

There is a very good spotting scope on ebay it is cheap but very good quality. The sharp focus is very central but you can't fault it for price, not sure whether there is a source in the US.
My Husband has had one of these for the last 2years.
Web Page
Its the one which says High performance Zoom Spotting Scope 20-50-50 by Seben-Europe priced at £65. British pounds

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&cgiurl=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/&query=Spotting+scope&ebaytag1code=3&shortcut=2&currdisp=1&maxRecordsReturned=300&maxRecordsPerPage=50&SortProperty=MetaEndSort

Hope it will find the page for you.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Has anyone made spottinscope by himself?

Here are some persons who has astronomy as hobby and he has made great scopes by himself.

There are shops those are specialized to sell lenses for astronomers. All else you have to buy is proper tube.

Well - its not so simple but possible.

·
Registered
216 Posts
JBird

Here is a photo if you go onto there website www.seben.de you may be able to find a dealer. Also I think this is the same scope that Chris white uses here in the UK

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Manufactured by C Star Optics. Here's a link...CSTAR

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CStar

Jim,
How good are these scopes and what is the power and objective lens size of the one you are talking about?
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
I have seen alot of scopes-several of our kids use the BSA which isn't bad and somewhat waterproof. FOr around 200-225 the Leopold Korean made WIND RIVER- I think its 15-45 with the larger 60MM objective is waterproof,reasonably bright and has a good warranty.

that is my recommendation.

One day I am going to swipe gt's scope and then someone can have my bushnell c heap:D

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
High Buck Scopes

When we shot the Maine Fita Challenge, I shot on the same bale with Butch Johnson. He has a Swavorski spotting scope. You want talk nice, that thing is crystal clear at 90 meters. Of course I think they are $1500 plus! There would have to be a lot more Fita shoots within driving distance to justify the second morgage. LOL
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
I think gt has a leica-he needs it for calling arrows in the OR round. I shot with a Canadian guy at nationals one year-he had a leica-bad news he was a lefty so I couldn't use it but it was definetly DROOL material

·
Registered
61 Posts
re: Seben scope

I have one of these scope and it is definitely decent. Bought it from Sportsmans Guide for under $100. Comes with small tripod and window clamp. Not as good as the $500 scopes but I last used it when my father was sighting in his rifle and could spot 30 cal holes at 100 pretty easily.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts