Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used any of the $40 hang on stands or the cabelas $65 ladder stand.
I am looking for a cheap stand that I don't have to worry about getting stolen.

Any suggestion reguards stands?

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Be carefull! There are certain things you shouldn't go cheap on, poorly made treestand could mean a wheelchair or death.

Not saying less expensive is bad, but CHECK IT OUT first.

--Bob

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,121 Posts
If you remember the Loggy Bayou cheap seat I have one of those.
I had rebuilt it with fresh hardware from the manufacturer. It is a real light aluminum hang on model. I now have two climbers and a ladder so I don't use it any more. I would sell you it and some screw in steps for it for 30.00 shipped if you are interested. You can ask around others and see if they think it is a good stand.
It is super light I would also send the old hardware I took off of it.
The old hardware was not hurt at all I was just being paranoid and figured it could use a rebuild.

·
Registered
8 Posts
biggame said:
If you remember the Loggy Bayou cheap seat I have one of those.
I had rebuilt it with fresh hardware from the manufacturer. It is a real light aluminum hang on model. I now have two climbers and a ladder so I don't use it any more. I would sell you it and some screw in steps for it for 30.00 shipped if you are interested. You can ask around others and see if they think it is a good stand.
It is super light I would also send the old hardware I took off of it.
The old hardware was not hurt at all I was just being paranoid and figured it could use a rebuild.

Do you still have the stand I may be interested?

·
Enhanced Mutant
6,121 Posts
Yeah I have it. I really don't remember how quiet it is. It is just a simple hang on stand. Easy to hang and light as a feather. It has back pack straps on it as well. It is a good cheap hang on stand. I have just graduated up to bigger and better stands that cost a lot more cash.:) Are you familiar with the cheap seat model?

·
When's bow season start?
8,942 Posts
I have used several $69.00 15' ladder stands manufactured by Hunter's Specialities (got 'em from Dick's, sometimes on sale and with a $10.00 off coupon for $49.00). They are not the most comfortable for an all-day sit, but they are strongly-built and easy to assemble and put up. I like to have several ladder stands set up (only on private land), so I can be at the tree and hunting within thirty seconds.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I bought one of those loggy cheap seats off a buddy a couple years ago. It is SO light and it is quiet. Killed 2 deer from it last season.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've purchased ladders from both Cabelas & Sportsmans guide
, The Cabelas stand is the better stand for the money. Try to make sure the support arm from the tree to the stand is adjustable. Both stands are ok and have used them for years w/out a problem.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have been using the Hunter's View lock-ons for about the last 3 years or so, and they've worked well, and given me no trouble... They ARE a little heavy, and noisy to install, but once in place, are quiet to hunt from... I bought 10 of them from Dick's Sporting Goods for $35 apiece, and they've been worth every penny... Throw in some screw in steps, and you're all set... I also bought a bunch of padlocks that are all keyed the same, and use them to lock the stands to the tree(through the provided chain it hangs from), and as a little added touch, substitue a 4 inch lag bolt for the T bolt that comes with it, driven in with a socket and ratchet - funny thing, not one single one has come up missing, yet...

Another idea would be to buy a couple of those cheap lock-ons, and a good quality ladder stick, and carry the stick in and out with you - that way, odds are no one would be hunting your stands when you weren't around...

BTW, biggame's offer sounds pretty attractive to me - if I were in the market for a lock on, I'd probably scoop up on that(if it isn't already gone, that is...)

- georgestrings

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was at dick's today and they have hunters view hang ons for 29.00 dont look to bad 4 the price.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a hang on,three sets of climbing sticks. and a ladder stand by Hunters View.Georgestrings is right.They are a little heavy but They have all given good service.I also have hang ons by Remington,Gorilla,and North Starr.For climbers I have an old model Summit and a Grand Ol' Man.No problems with any of them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts