Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the Deer & Turkey Expo in Columbus, Ohio last weekend and was looking at a cheaper version of the "heater body suit" called a " warm bag". It's made by a co. called Staywoods. Does any body have one and do you like it? Or have you even heard of it? Their website is www.staywoods.com if you want to look at it. The guy claims it was tested in -6 degree F. temps and it stayed at 68 deg. inside. Just wondering if anybody has one.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I was there too and also checked it out. I think the guy that makes it or promotes it, not sure, is on archerytalk. Maybe he can give you some further info.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Well, I have the HBS, but that product looks very interesting. From what I can see I'd say:
Pros - less expensive for sure, easier to get in and out, slick feature at the bottom for walking, interior and exterior pockets.
Cons - It does not 'appear' as though it is as well insulated (I do not know this and it's not really fair to say), the zippers sound pretty loud, not in predator or skyline.

If I didn't have my HBS, I would definitely want to check this out further. The savings and the ease of getting in and out sounds good. I love my HBS for the warmth, and it is indeed warm, but it's a pain putting it on in the stand. If it stays 68 at -6 for $180 then it's a buy.

Looking forward to some real reviews.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yep basically a sleeping bag with armholes kindof like the HBS is a sleeping bag with legs and suspenders...

I like the idea and I bought one...well I ordered one from the Iowa Deer Classic. I like that it comes in AP camo. Predator would be cool. It also comes in ASAT camo which has a pretty good following on here.

If it truly is water proof then I think it will be awesome. Cant wait to try it out this fall...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I have the HBS, but that product looks very interesting. From what I can see I'd say:
Pros - less expensive for sure, easier to get in and out, slick feature at the bottom for walking, interior and exterior pockets.
Cons - It does not 'appear' as though it is as well insulated (I do not know this and it's not really fair to say), the zippers sound pretty loud, not in predator or skyline.

If I didn't have my HBS, I would definitely want to check this out further. The savings and the ease of getting in and out sounds good. I love my HBS for the warmth, and it is indeed warm, but it's a pain putting it on in the stand. If it stays 68 at -6 for $180 then it's a buy.

Looking forward to some real reviews.
The guy had it on in less than 30 sec. an was really quite. The zippers for the arms are on the inside an both attach together with a string. Just pull the string downward and both armholes open and is very quite, all less than 2-3 sec. Probably not as heavy as HBS but nice thick layer of fleece on inside and outside as well. A layer of some type of neoprene material between the two that makes it water and wind proof. After 3 different demo's, I ordered one! Will let everyone know how it works!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The Warmbag.

Hey guys. Yep, I found the thread and am ready to respond. :)

First of all thanks to all of you who either purchased a Warmbag or listened to my presentation.

The outer material is a waterproof ( yes, i said "proof" ) /windproof fabric.. It is a high end bonded backed fabric with a soft brushed outer face. It will gain weight with water but it will not pass through the bonded backing. It is very quiet and lightweight. The inner material is heavyweight fleece and not only feels great but does a great job of trapping warmth.

The Warmbag truly does a great job of containing body heat and keeping the wearer warm in cold weather.

Inside pockets allow for calls, snacks and a 2 way radio.

The outside chest pocket is for your rangefinder.

There are many more features that you can see by visiting our website.

Once again thanks for your interest in The Warmbag.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Looks like a nice product.

I see on your site it lists for 250, but another poster said $180. What does it sell for through discounters?

Also how warm is it rated down too?

Thanks,

E

·
Registered
735 Posts
you could get very clamy if the waterproof membrane is not breathable. Is it breathable?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Looks like a nice product.

I see on your site it lists for 250, but another poster said $180. What does it sell for through discounters?

Also how warm is it rated down too?

Thanks,

E
Yes our price is $249. We had a special price this spring of $179 for the first 2,000 units sold.

Believe it or not there is no standardized system to rate retained heat in clothing or sleeping bags. However I can tell you that we have tested in -6 below in Wisconsin and the temperature reading in The Warmbag was 68 degrees.

We just began offering our product to dealers and distributors. Thanks.

·
Banned
39 Posts
The zippers did sound loud in the video. What kind of clothes should you wear underneath? You should give more details about the material, not sure how that will keep me warm.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It is louder when you unzip it than the Heater Body Suit because it is two zippers intead of one. It still looks like a good concept, maybe future prototypes will have the hood attached and the water proof material will be breathable.

·
Bowhunter
5,137 Posts
Looks like a great product. :thumbs_up I'll bet some zip-eze wax would quiet the zippers a bit. I hope bowhunterssuperstore or other online vendors pick them up.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
looks awesome..probably be getting one of these 4 sure

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Wish it were cheaper, looks like a great product.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts