Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Custom Bowstrings
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2008 Elite Syn X that I built with Envy cams back from H2O Imaging, I had Jon do the Mothwing Winter Mimicry Camo and he did a great job with the camo dipping. I had H2O do the "Complete Bow" service (riser, limbs, limb pockets, limb bolt washers, limb bolts, quiver hood, Elite string suppressor base & stabilizer) and just take a look at his work, it speaks for itself. I tried to match the string & cables the best I could to the camo by doing Metallic Bronze & White with Black serving, I think they ended up looking killer with the Winter Mimicry Camo. I know I posted a bunch of pics and for those of us with dial up it's going to be a killer but the rest of you should be fine.

I want to thank Mark at Xtreme stabilization for getting out a 12" D.O.A. stabilizer in a hurry so I could send it with the bow and all the parts to get dipped, the stabilizer works perfectly and looks even better.

Jon at WVRidgeRunner slings, brother your slings make my bows look even better. Thanks for all your hard work.

A-STRAIGHTARROW, Lonnie brother I want to thank you for all your help with this project and everything else.

I also don't want to forget to thank 2xR, the person who helped me the most with this project by talking me into getting it off the ground. Mike I want to thank you for all the help and info you have given me for my Synv XT and all my Envy questions and we both know there were quite a few (hundred LOL), everything you have told me and done for me has worked out perfectly brother. Thank you.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jamie
Twisted Archer Custom Bowstrings​

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Nice bow, is there a reason for the way you route the strings and attched the slide onto the rod the way you did??
They cross below the rod but you have the deep slot of the slide towards the string and the cables cross also reverse than they do on a standard bow !

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
very sweet... luv' that Mothwing camo :darkbeer:

·
Custom Bowstrings
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bow, is there a reason for the way you route the strings and attched the slide onto the rod the way you did??
They cross below the rod but you have the deep slot of the slide towards the string and the cables cross also reverse than they do on a standard bow !
Belicoso,

I was always told to keep the cross on whichever side of the cable rod it was, on this bow the cables crossed below the cable rod so I placed the slide to keep the cross below. I don't know if that is actually the way it should be but I have over 1/8" of gap between the cables so I know they won't rub or even come close to rubbing, the Pro Shop I worked for told me that was the way it should be to keep from putting undue stress on the slide. If I am wrong someone let me know and why.

The bow draws wicked smooth considering it is a 75 lbs bow with Envy cams and the speed mods, I think it draws about the same as my Ally at about 65 lbs. I wish I had a chrono within 50 miles so I could see how fast it is, I know it's not going to be Envy fast but I sure would like to know how fast it is.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Best camo ever. :thumb:

:izza:

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
that bow looks great. and i love the doa stab. myself. you mind me asking how much was it to get it done. pm me about it.

thanks
Bill

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
Jamie is an Artist with his strings... and now with this bow,,,You have a great eye..That is a saaaaweet looking bow

How does it shoot

Tom

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Great lookin' rig! I really like that camo! :shade:

·
Owner WR Custom Bowstring
1,057 Posts
Janie
That is one sweet looking bow! I like the string color combo for this one it really matches the camo pattern.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,829 Posts
Jamie, The bow looks killer. Next string set try the white speckle with the Met. Bronze and black servings. That should look sweet also.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Very sharp bow. I love that camo pattern. My have to get one of my AM35s dipped in that. Saawwweeetttt.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
yip

Howdy,
That turned out very nice !!
Great job, H20 did a riser for my Bowman accu riser and did a fantastic job as well,I will use Jon again for sure.
Let me know how it shoots .
Tiny

1 - 20 of 40 Posts