Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK if you are wondering why a fishing lure is posted on an archery forum, take a real close look at the lure. Enjoy!
Spinner.jpg
P.S. Sorry, no I haven't gone fishing with it yet but I suspect I will eventually.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
indeed I'm sure that will be one of the destinations.
If anyone would like to see some home made crank baits I have some of those too.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
That's a nice looking spinner bait. Is that an insert for the body?

Yeah, I'd like to see some of your DIY crank baits.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes the body is an insert from a Beman hunter arrow. :) Here are some of the crank baits. I'm getting ready for my retirement stocking up on lures. these are the first few I painted I'm sure I'll get better with time. They are wood (poplar) blanks. So they are consistent is size and shape, I initially cut out the blank with my x-carve CNC and then I rounded off the corners. Hook hangers are added with a slot and a through wire. lips are 1/8" Lexan or equivalent. Body is airbrushed and some detail added with a Sharpie. the clear coat is a 2 part epoxy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Very nice. You have a real talent!

·
Registered
946 Posts
Great work. Would love to see the process in stages. I'm trying to picture the Beman Insert as the body. Can you post up some of your great work in steps to better appreciate your talents ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Those look pretty good. Definitely becomes an addictive hobby. I used to be pretty heavy in fly fishing and ties my own flies. Now not so much.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great work. Would love to see the process in stages. I'm trying to picture the Beman Insert as the body. Can you post up some of your great work in steps to better appreciate your talents ?
I think the OP is referring to the first picture he posted.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK this is NOT me but I totally stole the process from this Nate fella "Marling Baits" great you tube channel.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats awesome, catch anything?
Since moving to the Pacific north west I've noticed that for whatever reason panfish just don't seem to thrive here. Yes you'll find bass and sunfish and perch in some of our waters but they really aren't abundant or what I would call abundant anyway. So I've only been to a couple of spots and haven't caught anything but I'm not at all surprised. To give an example lake Sammamish has quite a bit of water with abundant stretches of weeds and lilly pads, with that kind of habitat one would think it would be full of fish. I've sat and watch some of those stretches for hours with polarized lenses and not seen a single fish. On the east coast you would have lost track of the number of fish you'd seen after the first 5 min in water like that. I really have no logical explanation. I'm not sure if it is forage, Salmon runs, water temps... I'm sure their is an explanation but I don't know what it is.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Nicely done!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts