Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
74,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Young youth shooter, high school age. Put one through his left hand last Sunday. Broke right at the label near the nock. :eek:

The guys shooting with him told the arow looked damaged and being young he keep shooting it.

Seems to be happening more and more. I dont and wouldnt buy a cheap arrow for this reason. But even a exspensive arrow that been damaged can do this.

RCH from Texas and me shot Sat evening with this youngman. What a shame. Deer Season ruined for him.

They are still deciding to do surgery. The splitters are so small they dont show up on X ray. They have pulled as many as the can with the naked eye.
There going to just watch it and see what happens in next 48 arrows.

·
Registered
231 Posts
DB

I was shooting a 3-D corse this year when I slapped arrows with a friend didnt think much about it . Went to shoot the next target and my arrow exploded about 6' out of my bow I mean vaporized nothing left but the fleching . Needless to say any time I slap arrows I bend them and check for cracks .

Right now Im trying to come up with some type of NDE (non destructive examination ) kinda like I do when I inspect welds just need to find some type of penetrant that wont harm carbon .

Ill let ya know when I get it right and simpel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.