Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to check your equipment over really good! Yes you may have and been shooting the heck out of your new or old bow! BUT you should look it over!

Make sure things are tight! Check all screws, even in your cams! Do not over tighten them, you may strip them out.

Check you rest, do you need new slick tubes or heat shrink? Is the center shot OK? Hey how is your string nok? Or Loop? Is it lined up and in good condition?

Is your peep tied in good is the tie bad?

How is your string and cables? Have you waxed them? Look for servings that are loose, or broken. Do you have a spot on your string or cable that looks fussy and small strands coming out of the bundle?

Check the sight too... make sure it is tight and replace any batteries that you may have.

Look at your limbs for cracks, or rust around the axles. You may want to look into having it lubed at a pro shop, or your self! Do not use WD40 please!

Get ready and do not let a bow failure happen to you!

Hunt safe and hard!

Bowdoctor
www.bowdoctorsarcheryrepair.com

·
7,984 Posts
Good reminder Bowdoc...with hunting season approaching, we sometimes worry too much about tuning, and forget about maintenance for awhile.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why not WD40? Does it harm something or just not work good? What should I use for lube ? Where do you use it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
WD40 Bad

WD 40 is not really a lube its penetrator. What I use is white lighting it is a waxy type lube that you can find at you local cycling shop.

·
NAASP
14,543 Posts
I.....

Check my bow, string, and arrows each day before shooting.

Just a good practice to be in.

Every winter after the hunting season ends. My bows get the complete cleaning, lube, and new string and cables.

Very cheap insurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts