Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was shooting my Mighty Mite and I hung the bow up to retrieve my arrow and something caught my eye as not right. Here the cable slide had worn and broken in half length wise. If I was away on a hunt or something, I would not have a spare, a spare bow maybe :tongue: . So anyhow, check your cable slides and replace if you see any wear. Dont let it cost you a shot !

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
2 weeks before our bow season, I was out shooting. everything was great to 40 yards. Take the bow in and was putting some wax on and the loop on the power cable was about toast:eek: who ever made it, had the serving to thick adn it was rubbing and getting cut on the post. It would have most likly lasted but you never know.

Reed

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Jerry good thing this happened when it did. Can you imagine if it did that on your Elk Trip?:eek: I am going to add this to the list of "spare parts" I carry on a hunt besides string, fiber optics, release, Bowmaster, d-loop and serving.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
I thought I carried a spare everything, but I don't remember carrying a spare slide:eek:

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
4,991 Posts
I found mine wearing earlier this year, it had actually started to wear the hole that rides the rod oblong. Now I have 2 spares in my kit.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts